Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. We are looking for Java Developers to help with the migration of our core platform to a new cloud provider and the transition to a cloud-native microservices architecture. The platform you will work on is essential to the businesses future and current success, the code you write and decisions you make will directly affect what new features and services we can provide as a business moving forwards.
What you will do:
- Migration of core platform services to new cloud provider
- Transition of core business platform to a new microservices architecture
- Designing/Developing and testing of new features;
- Support and documentation for developed features;
- Working on highly-concurrent and distributed systems with strict latency requirements;
- Performance optimisation and problem diagnosis
What we value:
- Being disruptive. Getting things done. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
- We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit
- Values matter at Vonage. We are on a mission to bring value for consumers and enterprises through global cloud based communications.
- But just as important as delivering value is how we deliver that value.
- We believe in integrity. Both personally and professionally. We believe in empowering our employees and are actively seeking entrepreneurs in training who want to help build something larger.
- We have gotten to this point by being committed, passionate, and focused on getting things done. We need more people like us. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
What you will bring:
- Experience with JVM based technology stacks, such as Java, Spring, Dropwizard;
- Able to develop high-performance, reusable code and tests to verify it can meet quality and performance requirements;
- Excellent understanding of microservice architectures and REST API design;
- Experience building and deploying solutions on cloud infrastructure, from code check-in to testing and monitoring/alerting.
- Willingness to get hands dirty and not afraid of low level details;
- Ability to carefully break down a problem in small pieces;
- Ability to effectively communicate problems and solutions to the different team members.
What is in it for you:
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meet ups (hackathon, tech talks, engineering happy hour, ping pong championship for businesses in Shoreditch, etc)