Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. As a Java Developer in our SIP team, you will develop new features and tools for a business logic application that underpins our voice capability all over the world, your code will be critical in allowing thousands of people to connect via voice every second. The code you write will directly affect the success of businesses around the world.
What you will do:
- Developing new features and tools that support voice communication around the world.
- Designing new features.
- You will be responsible for the full end to end development life cycle of the tools and features you develop.
- Create supporting functional and technical specifications.
- Assisting with in-life maintenance, testing, debugging and documentation of deployed services
- Unit and Integration testing new features.
- Supporting release and implementation of developed features.
- Adhering to coding standards development processes.
What we value:
- Being disruptive. Getting things done. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
- We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit
- Values matter at Vonage. We are on a mission to bring value for consumers and enterprises through global cloud based communications.
- But just as important as delivering value is how we deliver that value.
- We believe in integrity. Both personally and professionally. We believe in empowering our employees and are actively seeking entrepreneurs in training who want to help build something larger.
- We have gotten to this point by being committed, passionate, and focused on getting things done. We need more people like us. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
What you will bring:
- You have an excellent understanding of core Java, concurrency and server-side experience
- Proven ability to produce best in class highly distributed systems
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Design and standard design patterns.
- Experience of multi-threaded, 3-tier architectures, web services and caching.
- Knowledge or hands on experience of NoSQL databases
- Exposure to AWS is a plus.
- An interest in continuing your own development across a range of new technologies
- Able to develop in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Ability and willingness to work in a global, fast-paced environment.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt working style to meet objectives.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members
What is in it for you:
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meet ups (hackathon, tech talks, engineering happy hour, ping pong championship for businesses in Shoreditch, etc)