Vonage is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth. Working as a Java Developer at Vonage you will get to be part of what's next, right now. Your code will help enable seamless real time communication across the globe, you will impact peoples lives daily.
If you are a Software Engineer with a passion for working on multithreaded, event driven Java systems that value code quality above all else we would love to speak to you.
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. As a Java Developer in our SIP team, you will develop new features and tools for a business logic application that underpins our voice capability all over the world, your code will be critical in allowing thousands of people to connect via voice every second. The code you write will directly affect the success of businesses around the world.
- Developing new features and tools that support voice communication around the world.
- Designing new features.
- You will be responsible for the full end to end development life cycle of the tools and features you develop.
- Create supporting functional and technical specifications.
- Assisting with in-life maintenance, testing, debugging and documentation of deployed services
- Unit and Integration testing new features.
- Supporting release and implementation of developed features.
- Adhering to coding standards development processes.
- You have an excellent understanding of core Java, concurrency and server-side experience
- Proven ability to produce best in class highly distributed systems
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Design and standard design patterns.
- Experience of multi-threaded, 3-tier architectures, web services and caching.
- Knowledge or hands on experience of NoSQL databases
- Exposure to AWS is a plus.
- An interest in continuing your own development across a range of new technologies
- Able to develop in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Ability and willingness to work in a global, fast-paced environment.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt working style to meet objectives.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Equity Grant
- Career Progression
- The chance to use new technologies
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Social Meetups, Hackathons and Tech talks
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Matched pension
- Life assurance and Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
What we value:
We value disruptive innovation. Getting things done. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.