Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
What you'll do
We are looking for a talented Operations oriented software engineer to join our DevOps team. In this role you will be responsible for all aspects related to the reliability and efficiency of our platforms. We are looking for a team player who has a positive attitude, enjoys problem solving and is service focused.
- Automate and continuously improve our service by developing our Infrastructure as Code
- Actively manage highly available, large scale production systems running on AWS
- Automate and continuously improve other operational concerns.
- Actively share knowledge and best practices across the department.
What you'll bring
To be part of the Vonage team you need a desire to collaborate, to keep on learning and the discipline to deliver nothing short of excellence. We are looking for someone who demonstrates experience in some of the following areas;
- Linux and/or Windows with a strong understanding of networking and security concerns
- Infrastructure as code - Terraform
- Software development fundamentals (source control, unit testing, etc)
- One or more of the following: Python, C#, Java, Go, Ruby
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Chef, Puppet or similar
- Jenkins or similar
In addition to the above, expect to use or leverage many of the following:
Packer, Terraform, NewRelic, CloudWatch, Papertrail, StatsD, ElasticSearch, Logstack, Kibana, Grafana
What is in it for you
- Opportunities to join hackathons, ‘Lunch & Learn’ sessions and training courses
- Clear career path
- A defined bonus scheme
- Paid volunteer days
- More company benefits (multisport card, private healthcare, massages, pizza days, fruits etc.)