VONAGE SALES MISSION
We strive to innovate and enhance our customers’ ability to communicate within today’s digital, cloud and real-time business environments. Our team is composed of highly-motivated, energetic and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…
We are growing our Sales Development team in Basingstoke. The team interacts with thousands of customers every day using the latest video, phone and digital technologies. The team is our talent development platform for future career progression within NewVoiceMedia, A Vonage Company.
You will be responsible for:
- Oversee funnel management and due diligence on proactive and reactive opportunities.
- Partner cross-functionally with product development, marketing, sales and other stakeholders to drive, delegate and/or coordinate business development initiatives, activities and negotiations.
- Provide day-to-day oversight and direction to assigned team members.
- Allocate assignments, establish project priorities and monitor / evaluate team member performance.
- Oversee the full range of business development activity, including:
- Identification of key influencers within the market and within current and target companies,
- Regular and ongoing business partner contact and interaction,
- Ongoing segment and performance reviews,
- Communication with business partners / customers about Vonage’s product and service advantages,
- Engagement with internal product, sales and marketing teams to ensure a holistic and aligned approach to business development,
- Effective documentation and reporting.
- Drive team to meet and exceed established KPIs and targets.
- Participate in industry events and forums to create / enhance the potential customer pipeline.
- Contribute to sales forecasting, reporting and proposal development.
- Collaborate with internal business leaders to evaluate and enhance both internal and external processes.
- Assist in developing and closing business opportunities with current and targeted partner companies.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience leading or managing sales / marketing and/or creative staff.
- Experience working with and managing external vendor / partner relationships.
- Advanced understanding of the full range of products and services provided by Vonage business.
- Advanced understanding of the full range of marketing channels available to make Vonage products more visible, accessible and appealing to current and potential customers.
- Expert understanding of how partnerships and alliances work to the mutual benefit of Vonage and partner companies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Prior leadership experience – formally or informally.
COMMON CHARACTER TRAITS
- Consult with business leaders on business development and operational issues, trends and challenges.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to clarify business and performance expectations.
- Integrate trends, data and information into forecasts, plans, models and recommendations.
- Tailor communication approach to specific situations and audiences.
- Define, clarify and resolve the tension between Vonage and partner business priorities.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including volunteering days and tuition reimbursement.