- Travel Requirements: Light travel primarily to US (East Coast)
- Organization: Vonage API Group Product
- Location: London, UK
Vonage Product Management Mission: The Vonage API Communications Group is an emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world.
Why this role matters
Product Operations is essential for the smooth and efficient functioning of the Product Organisation. The scope of this role includes the facilitation of prioritisation, delivery best practices, effective budgetary controls, and processes for the wider Product team.
What you will do
- Work with Product and Portfolio Managers to create and maintain the Product Roadmap planning from quarterly reviews through to annual planning
- Own the product prioritisation process and implementation across products and at the portfolio level
- Manage and communication across business functions globally processes, process changes and statuses on programs
- Drive Definition of Done: scope of work, lifecycle, processes and stage gates to define when a product or feature is complete and ready to be sold
- Workflow of Sales’ product requests including prioritisation aligned with the Product Roadmap
- Assist with Product team training planning and delivery to help with career progression and key skills with the Product organisation
- Own the Product SLAs for prioritisation and communications to the rest of the business
- Product team budget ownership including annual planning and team resourcing
- Vendor procurement and management
What is required for application
- 5+ years’ experience, delivering complex system integrated business application projects e.g. running a PMO
- Previous experience with budgeting, headcount, program management, procurement and other operational tasks
- Deep knowledge and experience with project planning, prioritisation, execution, go-to-market activities, and managing cross functional, global project teams.
- Experience managing product portfolio with annual capital investment of at least $10M
- Experience presenting to executive level leaders.
- Ability to drive cross-functional project teams of services personnel dispersed across multiple geographies and disciplines in a matrix structure
- Ability to motivate staff and influence their tasks to align with organizational goals and priorities
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Deep knowledge of the software development lifecycle from requirements gathering to post-implementation customer support and customer adoption.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently while coordinating activities with cross-divisional teams.
- Knowledge of CPaaS/UCaaS/CCaaS industry experience is preferred.
- Experience in Agile environment is preferred.
- PMP certified with current credentials.
- Telecommunications industry exposure
- API and Cloud Communications (CPaaS) industry exposure
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meet ups
Potential Next Career Move: Senior Director Product Operations