Travel Requirements: None
Vonage Product Management Mission: Vonage London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
Internal Product Communications Managers work to ensure the employees of an organisation are kept informed and updated on new Products, improvements and new features, key decisions or strategic direction. They do this by communicating through several channels, such as Slack, email, Facebook Workplace and newsletters.
It’s critical that not only customer-facing members of the business have a current, common understanding of the Product portfolio of the business, but also the broader organization.
Travelling to meet different teams across regions is also key for this role in order to present audiences across business functions.
Key business stakeholders include Sales, Sales Engineering and CSMs, Finance, Business Operations, Customer Support as well as Senior Leadership and Engineering on strategic changes.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with the Product and Portfolio Managers
- Ensure organisational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to all employees and stakeholders
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as email, Slack, All Hands and Facebook Workplace. You may also be required to work on the layout of content
- Storyboard or translate ideas with designers, Product Managers and the Senior Leadership Team
- Be part of the greater Product Developer Relations Community team and align any messaging with the external narrative
- Draft internal presentations for Product Briefings with key internal stakeholders across the wider Vonage business
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organisation
- Work alongside the Internal Communications team to ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
What you will bring
- Writing skills: You need excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from the Product team
- Speaking skills: You also need strong speaking skills as you are likely to be called on to give presentations to staff. Internal communications managers need sensitivity to an organisation’s goals and values and the ability to relay them to employees
- Interpersonal skills: You need good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with Internal Communications and other functional departments. You also need to possess the confidence to deal with senior leaders and the ability to translate complex, technically heavy concepts into consumable messages.
- Creative skills: You need the creative ability to devise communication strategies
- Digital skills: Familiarity with APIs, SaaS, information technology, especially digital channels, is essential
What is required for application
- A BA in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing is an advantage, though other degrees are acceptable. A professional qualification from the Chartered Institute of Public Relations or the Chartered Institute of Marketing is an advantage. An MA qualification is desirable.
- Experience in a communications team, especially internal communication, for a large organisation, is sought after. But experience of writing for a variety of different audiences is also desired. General journalistic or marketing experience is beneficial. Prior management of complex projects and advising senior managers is also looked upon favourably.
- Product or propositions experience
- Telecommunications industry exposure
- API and Cloud communications Industry exposure
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meet ups
Potential Next Career Move: Expert Product Manager/Product Director