Vonage is growing fast and is always working on new products. That means we continuously need to improve the collaboration between developers and operations. This is where our DevOps team comes in, providing the tools and automation for the smoothest pipeline from the developer laptop to the production servers, helping the QA team providing fast and accurate results, exploring new technologies to improve reliability and efficiency of our services.
What we need?
We are looking for multiple DevOps Engineers of all levels to come to join our team and work on our pipelines, explore new technologies and find reliable and scalable solutions to problems or limitations of our current environment.
The list of skill and requirements below functions as a taster of what our team gets involved with, and we do not by any means expect one person to have exposure to all of it. If the team and Vonage sound interesting to you, and you have a true passion for DevOps we invite you to apply no matter your current level and discuss opportunities with us further!
- Working on maintenance and improvement of current tools
- Investigating and troubleshooting production or QA problems related to environment
- Write new automation and service for OPS
- Improve the monitoring of the cloud environment
- Evaluation and integration of new tools
- Proactivity make propositions for improvements
- You have strong background in Linux administration with minimum of 6 years experience
- Masters / Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Good scripting skills (python, bash, groovy, ruby)
- Experience with configuration management (puppet, ansible) and source code management (GIT)
- Knowledge of some monitoring and graphing tools (riemann, icinga, graphite, grafana)
- Experience with databases (mysql, couchbase, redshift, dynamo DB, mongo DB, …)
- Understanding of of developer’s tools and languages (gradle, java)
- Experience with cloud (AWS, Rackspace, Softlayer, GCE) is a plus
- Experience or knowledge of logstash, kafka, consul, zookeeper is a plus
- Ability and willingness to work in a global, fast-paced environment.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt working style to meet objectives.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members
Who Are We?
Vonage's API Platform, Nexmo was founded in 2010, and our expertise enables customers to embed communications capabilities into their applications without having to worry about the global fragmentation of networks and complex regulatory requirements.
We offer the most advanced cloud communications platform to organizations who need to easily embed scalable and trusted communications-–APIs and SDKs for messaging, voice, chat apps and phone verification–into their applications and business processes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.