Now a part of Vonage, Nexmo is the emerging global leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and many other brands use our APIs and SDKs to provide great communications experiences for their customers everywhere in the world. With the rapid growth in customers using our communication APIs, we are expanding our team
What you'll do...
As a Video Support Specialist at Vonage, you will provide first-class support to our rapidly growing strategic customer base, who are integrating our WebRTC video APIs.
We challenge our Support Engineers to provide a customer experience that leaves our users highly satisfied, loyal and true advocates of our company!
- Provide customers with lightning-fast response and resolution times, combined with great communication, so they are delighted with the API Group service
- Get stuff done for the customer, doing whatever it takes to ensure their success
- Capture knowledge, for customers who prefer solving their own issues without having to contact support
- Identify larger opportunities, so our sales team can ensure we meet the needs of our most important clients
- Follow processes, unless customers are better served by breaking our rules or improving our processes
- Act as Designated Support Engineer for assigned Enterprise Customers
What You Must Have Experience In
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years as a Developer Support Engineer or a Technical Support Engineer in either the telecommunications or SaaS sectors
- 2+ years working with IP-based real-time multimedia communication technologies and protocols including some of the following VoIP, SIP, RTP, WebRTC, Websockets
What You’re Great At
- Communicating effectively (both verbal and written) with our customers and internal stakeholders
- Fascinated with problem solving, have a natural curiosity and can demonstrate the ability to learn rapidly
- Ability to communicate well with different audiences (developers, technical and non-technical users)
Experience or knowledge of the following will be a plus!
- Other scripting languages: PHP, Python, Ruby, Node
- iOS/Android/web application development
- Linux/Unix operating systems
- Troubleshooting SBC, PBX, IVR, HTTP & SIP Proxies
- Troubleshooting Applications: e.g. Kibana (Elastic Search)
The Vonage API Platform... Who are we?
The Vonage API Platform, provides tools for voice, messaging and phone verification, allowing developers to embed programmable communications into mobile apps, websites and business systems.Vonage enables enterprises to reimagine their digital customer experiences by providing them with the tools they need to easily communicate information to customers in real-time through text messaging, chat, social media and voice.
Industry leaders including Snapchat, Zalora, Uber, Telegram, Lazada, KLM, GrabTaxi, Airbnb, Alibaba and Daimler send millions of messages per month using Vonage APIs.
Why Vonage… Our values!
Being disruptive, getting things done, and working with passion and integrity are the values that matter at Vonage. We are on a mission to enable simplified communications between enterprises and their customers by empowering our employees. We strive for passion and integrity, both personally and professionally.
We have achieved significant growth by hiring exceptional people. We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We value those who will help us continue this spirit. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.