Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. Our growing team of Go Developers are currently developing a highly distributed system with a microservices architecture that is depended upon by the majority of applications within the business. You will be given a real voice in design and development and will collaborate with your colleagues to deliver a best in class solution.
If you have a passion for Go development and producing quality code in an environment that will empower you to continue to develop your skill set we would love to speak to you.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Develop a highly-concurrent and distributed system;
- Performance optimisation and problem diagnosis;
- Designing/Developing for high-availability;
- Designing/Developing and testing new features;
- Supporting release and documentation of developed features;
- Help to define coding standards and development processes;
- Participate / Contribute to upstream open-source projects.
What we value:
- Being disruptive. Getting things done. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
- We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit
- Values matter at Vonage. We are on a mission to bring value for consumers and enterprises through global cloud based communications.
- But just as important as delivering value is how we deliver that value.
- We believe in integrity. Both personally and professionally. We believe in empowering our employees and are actively seeking entrepreneurs in training who want to help build something larger.
- We have gotten to this point by being committed, passionate, and focused on getting things done. We need more people like us. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
What you will bring
- Experience working on best in class systems with Go;
- An excellent understanding of concurrent, highly distributed systems;
- Excellent understanding of microservices;
- Willingness to get hands dirty and not afraid of low level details;
- Ability to carefully break down the problem in small pieces;
- Ability to effectively communicate problems and solutions to the different team members.
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meet ups (hackathon, tech talks, engineering happy hour, ping pong championship for businesses in Shoreditch, etc)