Vonage is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth. Working as a Go Developer at Vonage you will get to be part of what's next, right now. Your code will help enable seamless real time communication across the globe, you will impact peoples lives daily.
If you have a passion for Go development and producing quality code in an environment that will empower you to continue to develop your skill set we would love to speak to you.
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. Our growing team of Go developers is currently developing a highly distributed system with a microservices architecture that is depended upon by the majority of applications within the business. You will be given a real voice in design and development and will collaborate with your colleagues to deliver a best in class solution.
Our developers work on an exciting mix of both greenfield and existing projects, giving them an opportunity to explore new technologies. We have retained a start up culture that we are very proud of, new technologies mixed with creative innovation are always welcome!
- Developing a highly-concurrent and distributed system;
- Performance optimisation and problem diagnosis;
- Designing/Developing for high-availability;
- Designing/Developing and testing new features;
- Supporting release and documentation of developed features;
- Help to define coding standards and development processes;
- Participate / Contribute to upstream open-source projects.
- Experience working on best in class systems with Go;
- An excellent understanding of concurrent, highly distributed systems;
- Excellent understanding of microservices;
- Willingness to get hands dirty and not afraid of low level details;
- Ability to carefully break down the problem in small pieces;
- Ability to effectively communicate problems and solutions to the different team members.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Equity Grant
- Career Progression
- The chance to use new technologies
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Social Meetups, Hackathons and Tech talks
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Matched pension
- Life assurance and Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
What we value:
We value disruptive innovation. Getting things done. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.