Now a Vonage Company, Nexmo is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world.
As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
The Engineering team at Nexmo is a fast growing group of talented engineers. A small, but talented, team of Go developers is looking at expanding its size, in order to match the multiple challenges associated with scaling globally a Voice stack. High performance and processing large volumes of events / data in real time are just a few of those challenges.
Our developers work on an exciting mix of both greenfield and existing projects, giving them an opportunity to explore new technologies.
- Developing a highly-concurrent and distributed system;
- Performance optimisation and problem diagnosis;
- Designing/Developing for high-availability;
- Designing/Developing and testing new features;
- Supporting release and documentation of developed features
- Estimating the effort required to develop and implement;
- Help defining coding standards and development processes;
- Participating / Contributing in upstream open-source projects.
- Programming experience with one of the following Go, Java, Python especially as a programmer in production grade systems;
- Experience with building HTTP based services;
- Willingness to get hands dirty and not afraid of low level details;
- Ability to carefully break down the problem in small pieces;
- Ability to effectively communicate problems and solutions to the different team members.
Nice to have:
- Exposure to WebRTC based applications;
- Experience profiling / optimising performance
- Exposure to event-driven systems.
- Experience dealing with highly concurrent, distributed architectures/systems;
Most weeks there is a new technical presentation by members of engineering on technology topics of the speaker’s choice. This is a great way to learn, but also contribute your own presentation.
What we value:
We value disruptive innovation. Getting things done. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.