Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital costWe
We are seeking a Mechanical Packaging Manager. This position will be located in our downtown Houston office. This role reports to the Director, Engineering
- Ensure that all materials and equipment are defined, quantified, and requisitioned in a timely manner to provide the necessary information and materials and equipment to construction in accordance with the project schedule.
- Takes the responsibility for all package PO related post-award matters in accordance with the requirements as laid down in the project.
- Assists discipline engineers & Procurement to define and negotiate PO execution and package delivery methodology
- Assists in change management, package progress reporting, resolving and settling disputes/issues with vendors.
- Oversees package development & execution from the start through to completion from management perspective, ensuring that work is completed on time and within its budget
- Works as point of contact and coordinator for package delivery related matters with members of clients, disciplines, project controls, site managers and sub-contractors.
- Co-ordinates system interface requirement relating to the procurement & delivery of materials
- Works with Engineering to establish quantities of materials to be purchased and co-ordinate with Engineering to produce timely Engineering Requisition packages in accordance with the project schedule and requirements.
- Prepares and issues the Package Management Plan and responsibility matrix.
- Participates in project execution meetings to establish project materials requirements planning activities, schedule, and responsibilities.
- Assesses procurement processes throughout the project to ensure PO Packages meet specification, are delivered on time and are within budget.
- Monitors and reports to PM all identified package related risks and opportunities.
- Ensures accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Projects Manager and the Client Team Leader.
- Monitors cost aspects of the POs, identifies trends and takes action to avoid cost overruns.
- Promotes implementation of VIP (value improving practices) on the assigned packages.
- Ensures compliance with requirements of the PO contract.
- Ensures effective change control process application from the vendors
- Assists in vendor change order mitigation and claims management
- Works with Engineering for the issue of the equipment packages with respect to:
- Conformance to Client’s requirements
- Regulatory requirements
- A realistic approach regarding the design package to be prepared
- Conformance to contract requirements
- Conformance to the management schedule for correct planning of the work
- Protection of Client's interests, with in general emphasis on payments, guarantees and risks; and specifically cost for projects including claims management
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering minimum required.
- 10-18 years' minimum relevant experience in refining and petrochemical industry, LNG Project, preferably with EPC experience and 7 ~ 10 years in lead position.
- Self directs work with limited supervision.
- Provides guidance, leadership, and training to less experienced engineers.
- Work with project team as representative and coordinates work within discipline department.
- Adjusts to varying demands of work and manage changes.
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Works collaboratively across departments and involves others in solving problems. Initiates meetings within own team, other disciplines, or internal customers for clarity on work.
- Serves as technical resource and point of contact for external or internal customers.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.