Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a Senior Cost Analyst, to be based in Arlington, VA with some travel to Houston, TX, Cameron, LA and New Orleans, LA:
The Senior Cost Analyst will provide oversight to project activities and is responsible for achieving safe, cost effective, timely and contractually compliant project results. The role will also require effective communication to Project and Executive Management for timely decision making and incorporation of stake holder input. This new position will be based at our Arlington office and will require some travel to our Houston Office, site in Cameron, LA and in New Orleans, LA. The Senior Cost Analyst will report to the Senior Vice President of Project Controls and Director – Corp. Cost.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Lead a Safe work culture
- Routinely engage with project management to review cost forecasts, change orders, trends, value of work done and accruals
- Maintenance and oversight of project budgets including detailed variance analysis
- Provide analysis to project teams by providing communication, coordination and follow-up to meet project goals and objectives
- Oversee effective project reporting, monitoring and evaluation including regular project progress and performance reporting
- Support the mitigation of project challenges through creative and innovating problem solving
- Contribute to effective and efficient project controls oversight of projects
- Report on project status, performance, constraints and issues to Senior and Executive Management
- Thorough understand of industry standards
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 10+ years of relevant cost experience in major Oil & Gas Engineering and Construction projects
- Experience with LNG Liquefaction or Combined Cycle Power Generation projects preferred
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work within project deadlines, and adjust as priority changes occur
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have advanced computer experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, experience with EcoSys and Power BI preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to efficiently summarize and prioritize information.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.