Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s three Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost
We are seeking a Site Electrical Engineer to join our team in the project team in Plaquemines, LA.
The role will be part of a team responsible for ensuring that the Plant Electrical System operates as per design, in a safe and reliable manner with minimal downtime.
- Support the development and maintenance of:
- Company Procedures & Processes
- Key Performance Indicators & Metrics for Electrical
- Electrical drawings and databases
- Support Management of Change (MOC) process
- Support Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) process
- Apply technical expertise to support design, installation, commissioning, and operation of electrical systems as subject matter expert.
- Troubleshoot and solve facility electrical issues.
- Participate in check out of cause and effects, relay settings and protective devices, switchgears, generators, motors, and energy management systems.
- Participate as electrical SME in Pre-Start-Up Safety Reviews (PSSR).
- Support construction process assessments during system pre-Mechanical Complete (MC) walk-downs and identify exceptions, deficiencies, and assign priority levels to punch list items
Education, Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, preferably with specialization in Power Systems.
- Minimum 10 year’s experience working with electrical systems.
- Experienced with domestic and/or International electrical codes and standards. Including NEC, NFPA, NETA, and ANSI
- Familiarity with Power Systems Modelling Tools such as ETAP/SKM preferable
- Experience in LNG liquefaction facilities highly preferred.
- Experience with:
- Switchgears (138kV, 4.16kV, 480V)
- Motor Control Centers (MCC)
- Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS)
- Energy Management Systems (EMS/SCADA)
- Electrical System Studies
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.