Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a Supervisor, Process Engineering to join our team in Cameron, LA. This role reports to the Director, Operations Engineering and will support the review of process design and operations engineering functions to meet the objectives of the project as delivered by the EPC and external consultants.
- Support the development and progression of the Ready For Operations (RFO) schedule to transition the facility from EPC to the operations phase.
- Serve as the the project focal points for all areas of process engineering to ensure that the project is executed according to agreed budgets, schedules and design requirements.
- Responsible for process engineering deliverables to ensure they comply with the project design and operation philosophies.
- Prepare heat and material balance, process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Responsible for system design parameters, and design or rating of equipment such as heat exchangers, vessels, towers, etc. and provide technical guidance on complex design issues.
- Review and coordinate with licensors, vendors, and subcontractors to ensure proper and complete integration within the project plan.
- Development of process simulations for complex units, updates and modifies process simulation models.
- Process improvement studies, performance optimization, incident investigations, economic evaluations, technical audits and safety studies.
- Support during construction to ensure site technical queries, non-conformances, concession requests are properly resolved.
- Evaluation of requests for deviations or exemptions to the established specifications and project standards.
- Perform economic evaluations of equipment alternatives with particular emphasis on availability and reliability projections and life cycle costs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- Professional Engineer’s (PE) License or equivalent CEng license is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience as a Senior Process Engineer in the LNG industry.
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in all aspects of process engineering from conceptual design, economics, detailed engineering, and plant startup and troubleshooting.
- Commissioning, start-up and performance testing at project sites is a plus.
- Strong understanding of key equipment involved in LNG liquefaction facilities.
- Possess effective computer skills; Microsoft Office software, and discipline specific software applications: HYSYS, Aspen Plus, etc.
- Skilled in the application of relevant major design codes and standards.
- Must maintain a Transportation WorkerIdentificationCredential(TWIC) card ingoodstanding status.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.