Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a Structural Lead Engineer to lead and manage a global team of Structural Engineer & designer/3D modeler for detail engineering of fast paced modularised LNG project, with 7 – 10 years experience in lead position.
This position will be located on out downtown Houston office.
- Experience in Structural design of an assigned scope of work for an LNG onshore project.
- Work involves independent design or directing technical work of vendors/contractors, applying standard design details per ACI, AISC, PIP, OSHA and or client safety standards, applicable codes and industry standards which form the basis of design.
- Will assist or review the cost estimates and quantity take-offs for on-going projects, proposals, forecasts, and change-orders.
- Shall provide technical guidance to contractors/vendors.
- Review the work of engineers and designers developing engineering and design documents for Piling & Foundation and Module & Stick Built Steel Pipe Racks/Structures as needed for the project.
- Reviewing, monitoring and ensuring compliance requirements are met for the design (e.g. Standards, specification and local codes and regulations etc.)
- Regularly performs reviews of vendor documents to ensure specifications and data sheet requirements are met.
- Leads a group of 15 ~ 20 Engineers & Designers/3D Modelers
- Develops and leads others in ways of improving the design and lowering cost.
- Considers multiple solutions and makes good decisions based on good data analysis.
- Manages several different assignments simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering minimum required.
- 10-18 years' minimum relevant experience in refining and petrochemical industry, LNG Project, preferably with EPC experience and 7 ~ 10 years in lead position.
- Licensed Professional Engineer with NCEES records preferred
- Travel < 25% expected.
- Self directs work with limited supervision.
- Provides guidance, leadership and training to less experienced engineers.
- Work with project team as representative and coordinates work within discipline department.
- Adjusts to varying demands of work and manage changes.
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Works collaboratively across departments and involves others in solving problems. Initiates meetings within own team, other disciplines or internal customers for clarity on work.
- Serves as technical resource and point of contact for external or internal customers.
- Should have experience in managing and responding to the RFIs from owner’s construction team, vendors, EPC contractors.
- STAAD Pro, Risa, STAAD Foundation, Mat 3D Foundation.3D MathCAD
- Navisworks, Microstation, AutoCAD
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.