Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a senior commissioning and start-up professional to join us as a Commissioning & Start Up Electrical- Switchgear and Relay Testing Specialist. The Venture Global Commissioning team is responsible to ensure the safe and efficient pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up and operation of the facility to achieve the plant’s production and performance objectives.
This position will be located initially in Houston, TX and transitions to Plaquemines site, LA.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of switchgear and protective relay testing on site including coordination, commissioning plans, testing, and signoff of all completed SAT reports.
- Responsible for overall commissioning and energization of HV (138 KV to 13.8KV), MV/LV (4160 V and below) electrical equipment including transformers, motors, VFDs etc.
- Communicate clearly and promptly up, down and across.
- Communicate effectively to manage expectations and build relationships.
- Strong planning skills a distinct plus with the ability to adapt to changing site priorities as needed.
- Strong record keeping and coordination skills – drives discipline with EPC in this area.
- Participate as electrical in Pre-Start-Up Safety Reviews (PSSR).
- Represent electrical commissioning in project punch listing activities.
- Implementation of SIMOPs.
- Assurance and audit of electrical test plans and commissioning procedures
- Lead and require strict adherence to Lock Out / Tag Out Procedures (LOTO), work permits, and company policies
- Review and spot check Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) audits for department
- Review scope packages and validate necessary forms for completed turnover package
- Review test procedures for component and system testing
- Perform project document reviews
- Support site Change Management for electrical discipline
- Checkout installed systems and equipment adhering to OEM requirements, system descriptions, and good industry standard practice
- Associate degree in Electrical from a University or Technical School, and/or job-related experience and minimum of 10 years field execution experience
Minimum 10-15 years of experience in LNG/Gas Process/Refinery/Petrochemical Industries and Power Plant maintenance and operations
- Minimum 10 years of electrical experience in supervisor roles and/or specialization
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Electrical Lead on mid to large scale project
- Expertise in modern Distribution and ATS schemes.
- Experienced in electrical system hardware and software
- MS Office Suite
- EPC experience
- Recent knowledge of engineering methods and possesses a technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process and electrical controls systems
- Must have knowledge of field-testing requirements and equipment to perform the testing
- Experienced with domestic and/or International electrical codes and standards. Including NEC, NFPA, NETA, and ANSI
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.