Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Marine Supervisor.
Location: Plaquemines Parish/Belle Chasse Area - Point of Reference: 19000 LA-23, Pointe Celeste 70083
The Marine Supervisor reports to the Director of Operations, Process and is the focal point for the coordination and supervision of all activities involving the safe and effective operation of the Venture Global Plaquemines liquefied natural gas facility. The Marine Supervisor is responsible for working with other Supervisors, Managers and Directors within the Operations & Maintenance departments to manage and optimize the LNG Liquefaction facility.
- Drive a proactive approach to safe plant operations, keeping alert for unsafe practices and conditions and ensuring corrective actions taken. Ensure facility operates within all permit requirements.
- Ensure that systems are in place and operable for effective emergency response and be responsible for first line incident control. Ensure all safety and environmental documentation is completed.
- Assist with the pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup, initial, and long-term operation of the LNG Facility. This will include being a vital member of the integrated commissioning / start-up team(s) with the EPC contractor.
- Ensure operational efficiency of plant and ensure the marine staff understands the plant operational requirements and budgetary constraints.
- Oversee execution of production plan, communicating goals and deviations as necessary, coordinate with other departments on behalf of the operations team, coordinate internal information sharing such as shift change and shift logs.
- Maintain production targets and ensure optimization of plant throughput. Ensure all product quality specifications are met and develop methods and procedures to increase operating efficiency.
- Ensure the plant operates within the operating envelope, ensure proper transfer of ownership of equipment between Operations & Maintenance, and determine and prioritize maintenance requirements and write associated work orders.
- Provide technical support to problem solving activities during the shift and ensure reliability issues are identified and properly communicated to the appropriate department.
- Supervise the activities of all shift operators; develop individual performance improvement plans with operators and formal training and development requirements. Provide informal mentoring & instruction, conduct annual performance reviews and hold individuals accountable for performance and behavior.
- Participate in daily strategy planning with Production management and work to overcome the limitations and deficiencies to assure targets are met.
- Participate in Incident Command & Emergency Management on off hours.
- Participate in various reviews during the Engineering and Design Phases, such as HAZOPs, 3D Model, P&ID and siting reviews.
- Participate in and/or lead the Operating procedure and manual development process.
- Participate in and/or lead the development of Operations training program. Once completed, a key aspect of this program will be to act as a mentor by providing the trainee with meaningful job assignments, on the job training, and progress monitoring.
- Work closely with Commercial Operations regarding the scheduling, berthing, unberthing and cargo operations for LNG vessels, supporting a 24/7 LNG Plant and Marine Terminal environment
- Manage the day-to-day operations for the tug vendor, line handlers, surveyor and marine support services related to the safe and efficient movement of LNG vessels and cargo operations
- Manage the Marine Coordinators, including assigning vessels, verifying documentations and any other matters related to the vessel while alongside
- Complete vessel documentation related to cargo operations
- Oversee contracting and execution of surveys, maintenance dredging and maintenance of aids to navigation, working closely with the vendors to ensure marine operations are maintained.
- Monitors daily dredge and/or bathymetric survey activities as directed during such events.
- Communicates with and coordinates marine-related and/or other company activities, as assigned, with federal, state and local agencies and outside organizations such as the United States Coast Guard, Department of Transportation, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and local law enforcement as directed.
Education and Certifications: Bachelor or Associate degree in engineering, marine or other relevant technical discipline or acceptable equivalent work experience. PTEC degree preferred or relevant process experience.
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years’ experience in commissioning, startup & operations in oil & gas or petrochemical facilities, of which at least two (2) must be at a supervisory or superintendent level.
- At least five (5) years working in a port and/or shipboard environment in a position having direct participation in relevant areas of technical/engineering and management of marine shipping and/or tugboat activities. Experience with LNG or other cryogenic hydrocarbon liquids and associated systems is preferred; however petrochemical (either shipboard or terminal) operational experience may be considered acceptable.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities are required.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries, and governmental agencies.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to operate and maintain the LNG terminal and Liquefaction production facilities.
- Possess the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with management, peers and the various facility level workers who are all responsible for ensuring good operations.
- Organized, planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Project & PowerPoint
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
- Marine Coordinators
Freedom to Act:
- Marine Coordinators will initial training and supervision until they have an understanding LNG cargo operations and documentation.
- Job is performed in an industrial plant environment.
- Limited travel and temporary assignment required as business conditions dictate.
- Subject to drug & alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Venture Global LNG.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, work at height above ground on stairs and catwalks, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear, smell, type and write.
- Must be able to board a ship via a gangway, climb to the top of a tank (200+ steps), scale vertical steel ladder up to forty feet or more in height and lift and move objects weighting up to 30 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work indoors & outdoors, and be exposed to year-around weather conditions, ocean environment, and noise. There is a considerable number of outdoor activities involved.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to pass regularly scheduled physical examinations mandated by regulatory authorities.
- Required to obtain mandated certification by attending Company-sponsored training in basic first aid, CPR, AED & LNG firefighting.
ADA Job Requirements:
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee's performance due to physical, mental, or emotional disability.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.