Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Maintenance Technician - Controls.
The Maintenance Controls Technician reports to the Maintenance Controls Supervisor and performs the safe, efficient and effective execution of all Controls (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), Fire and Gas (F&G), Analyzer systems maintenance work at Venture Global Calcasieu Pass Liquefied Natural Gas (CPLNG) facility. The Maintenance Controls Technician is responsible for working with other Technicians, Supervisors within the Operations & Maintenance departments.
- Executes all Controls systems (such as DCS, PLCs, SIS, AMADAS, F&G and stand-alone applications) maintenance work within all CPLNG HSSE process, procedures, standards and regulations.
- Adherence to VGIMS (Venture Global Integrity Management System), CPLNG Maintenance Manual and Work Management process and procedures.
- Identify potential safety, health, environmental work hazards. Understand maintenance work scope and applicable Operation and Maintenance processes and procedures.
- Performs problem solving activities in order to ensure maintenance and reliability corrective measures are implemented.
- Functions as Maintenance SME (Subject Matter Expert) for control systems.
- Create and prepare required Job Safety Hazard Analysis and Work permits under his/her area of responsibility (ePTW as applicable). Ensure permits are prepared and submitted to Operations well in advance before execution.
- Works along with operations, maintenance and engineering counterparts to ensure the safe completion of scheduled maintenance work.
- Responsible for daily work compliance and progress reports according to maintenance work execution processes and procedures.
- Key participant in maintenance processes such as daily work progress updates, maintenance work planning/schedule review meetings, backlog review meetings, among other meetings.
- Oversees contractor work execution, safe work completion, and performance according to CPLNG Contractor Management procedure. Reports contractor work quality/non-compliances issues to direct Supervisor and Planning/Contract teams.
- Identify and request required special and routine tools/equipment/PPE for the safe execution of maintenance activities under his/her area of responsibility.
- Participate in CPLNG Ready for Operations (RFO) maintenance projects in order to develop required maintenance systems, process and procedures before commercial operations.
- Supports Controls equipment factory acceptance test (FAT) and site acceptance tests (SAT) as required.
- Participate in pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup and operation of the CPLNG Facility. This will include being a vital member of the integrated commissioning / start-up team(s) with the EPC contractor.
- Participate in various reviews during the Engineering and Design Phases, such as HAZOPs, 3D model and P&ID reviews.
- Manage personal timecard according to CPLNG Policies and Procedures (Vacations, time-off, Sick leave, training, “On-Call” etc.)
- Holds personal accountability for own performance and behavior.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to junior peers and counterparts.
- Education and Certifications
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED; Technical degree, or applicable nationally recognized standard Certification. (i.e. NCCER / NICET)
- Minimum five (5) years of maintenance controls work experience in Oil & Gas, LNG or petrochemical facilities.
- Strong knowledge of electrical industrial standards and regulations (i.e. ISA, NFPA 70E, FERC, etc.)
- Strong work experience maintaining and troubleshooting controls systems, dedicated applications, Analyzer and F&G, such as – but not limited to, System administration, Backup/Recovery programs, Access Control, Alarm Management and Cybersecurity interfaces.
- Strong experience maintaining and troubleshooting DCS/SIS/PLCs and dedicated applications systems - Experience with the following systems is preferred:
- Yokogawa DCS & ProSafe SIS
- GE MarkVIe and MarkVIeS
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix and GuardLogix
- Siemens PLC
- Experience with GC Analyzer Systems (such as AMADAS) as well F&G Systems (Field and Buildings).
- Applied knowledge of maintenance and troubleshooting of dedicated application systems such as - but not limited to, Rotating machinery vibration and speed monitoring systems, Tank Gauging systems, Loading arms, Mooring/Berthing aid systems, IGVs, FGVs, HMIs, among others.
- Experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of industrial network communication systems (Hardware and Software).
- Experience analyzing process events using Real Time Sampling (RTIS) applications is a plus.
- Familiar with CMMS systems work management process (Work order process). SAP experience is preferred.
- Work experience with small/medium scale DCS/PLCs projects is a plus.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies
- Organized, strong planning skills, able to manage multiple activities in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Promote continuous improvements initiatives.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals.
- Possess the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with management, peers and the various facility level workers whom are all responsible for ensuring good operations.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.