Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Field Engineer - Pretreatment.
The Field Engineer reports to the Director, Pretreatment and is the focal point for the design, execution, and the field installation and commissioning of the pretreatment modules. Project/Field Engineers are integral leads to coordinate the engineering design teams, module fabrication yard teams, and project site installation teams.
- Facilitate engineering design reviews of process modules, HAZOPs, maintenance reviews, understanding of module logistics design, and constructability.
- Leads reviews of preservation and operating procedures.
- Focal point for all RFI’s between site teams and engineering for expedited response.
- Ensure process equipment is compliant with all company environmental and safety policies, understanding operating and permit limits to ensure regulatory compliance while maintaining maximum reliability and efficiency.
- Ensure that systems are in place and operable for effective emergency response and be responsible for first line incident control. Ensure all safety and environmental documentation is completed.
- Assist with the pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup and initial operation of the pretreatment system.
- Serves as the focal point for process related field operations & activities and helps coordinate with the DCS Operator-Process.
- Identifies and troubleshoots process problems and deviations from normal operations.
- Understands and supports implementation of the equipment clearance PTW/LOTO procedure, as well as Job Safety Analysis/Work Authorization/Confined Space/Hot Work Permits.
- Education and Certifications: Engineering Degree is required, Military training or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Five (5) years’ experience in engineering, operations commissioning, startup & operations in oil & gas, petrochemical facilities.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of process plant design, operations, systems, and equipment.
- Applied knowledge of process operations & principles to daily decision making and work tasks.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to operate and maintain the liquefaction production facilities.
- Possess the ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with management, peers and the various facility level workers whom are all responsible for ensuring operational excellence.
- Organized, planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
- Utility operations, including air, water, sanitation, and nitrogen.
- Electrical power generation operations Ship unloading systems operations.
- Emergency shutdown (EDS) systems.
- Fire and gas detection and suppression systems.
- Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) operations.
- Basic machinery diagnostics.
- Basic office applications and time-reporting procedures.
- Basic Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) applications.
- Distributed Control System (DSC) operations.
- Process controls.
- LNG in-tank and ex-tank pump operations.
- LNG plant operations, principles and theories.
- Submerged combustion vaporizer operations.
- Boil off gas (BOG) and vapor return blower operations.
- Storage tank operations.
- Operation of Major Compressors, Turbines and Anti-surge Systems
- Operation of Acid Gas Removal and Dehydration systems
- Job is performed in an industrial plant environment.
- Ability to travel to design centers, module fabrication yard, and project site to support all phases of the execution.
- Subject to drug & alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Venture Global LNG.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, work at height above ground on stairs and catwalks, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear, smell, type and write.
- Must be able to board a ship via a gangway, climb to the top of a tank (200+ steps), scale vertical steel ladder up to forty feet or more in height and lift and move objects weighting up to 30 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work indoors & outdoors, and be exposed to year-around weather conditions, ocean environment, and noise. There is a considerable number of outdoor activities involved.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to pass regularly scheduled physical examinations mandated by regulatory authorities.
- Required to obtain mandated certification by attending Company-sponsored training in basic first aid, CPR, AED & LNG firefighting.
ADA Job Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee's performance due to physical, mental or emotional disability.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.