Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a senior commissioning and start-up professional to join us as a Commissioning Start Up Instrumentation Specialist. The Venture Global Commissioning team is responsible to ensure the safe and efficient pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up and operation of the facility to achieve the plant’s production and performance objectives.
This position will be located initially in Houston, TX and transitions to Plaquemines site, LA.
- Oversight of Contractor instrumentation commissioning activities.
- Perform projects documents review.
- Participate in factory and site functional tests and sign off.
- Participate in Pre-Start-Up Safety Reviews (PSSR).
- Support development of various systems commissioning procedures, plan and schedule with EPC.
- Support site’s alarm management program.
- Review scope packages and validate necessary forms for completed turnover package
- Review work packages associated with loop testing and instrumentation commissioning
- Review test procedures, ITPs and ITRs for component and system testing and sign off.
- Review scope packages and validate necessary forms for completed safety system turnover package.
- Support construction in system pre-Mechanically Complete (MC) walk-downs and identify exceptions, deficiencies, and assign priority levels to punch list items.
- Ensure instrumentation commissioning plan effectively aligns with SIMOPs.
- Lead assurance and auditing effort of insrumentation design, installation, test plans and commissioning procedures.
- Lead and require strict adherence to Lock Out / Tag Out Procedures (LOTO), work permits, and company policies.
- Supervise site Change Management.
- Support in generating instrument spare parts and consumables necessary for the commissioning and operation of facility.
- Responsible for identification and resolution of various instrument malfunctions and deficincies. Resolution may include written report and correction plan.
- Checkout installed systems and equipment adhering to OEM requirements, system descriptions, and good industry standard practice.
- Track progress of assigned systems and provide completions with timely reports on progress and activities.
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics from a University or Technical School, and/or job related experience and minimum of 10 years field execution experience
Minimum 10-15 years of experience in LNG/Gas Process/Refinery/Petrochemical Industries and Power Plant maintenance and operations
- Minimum 10 years of field instrumentation experience in supervisor roles and/or specialization mid to large scale project
- Must have broad technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process and all types of control instrumentations.
- Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI), MS Office Suite
- EPC experience
- Recent knowledge of engineering methods and must possess a technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process and some types of control instrumentation
- Must have recent knowledge of PLC, DCS, SIS, F&G etc. and field instrumentation.
- Experienced with domestic and/or International electrical, instrumentation and control systems codes and standards. Including ISA, NEC, and API is required
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law