Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s three Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our project team in Cameron, LA.
- Apply technical expertise to support design, installation, and commissioning of process gas compressors, steam and gas turbines, process pumps, fans, and blowers, etc.
- Provide in field construction assistance and oversight for rotating equipment.
- Lead lube oil flushing programs
- Support development of commissioning and startup procedures for rotating equipment.
- Provide input to project schedule and identify opportunities to optimize project execution.
- This position will include filling the role as the rotating equipment SME but will require application of technical expertise to design or constructability issues related to rotating equipment, piping, and static equipment as project needs change.
- Support equipment maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
- Lead resolution of complex, multi-discipline technical issues where the dominant component is rotating equipment.
- Develop critical equipment repair procedures and sparing strategies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of twelve years combined experience in Design, Commissioning, or Operations of Rotating Equipment. Experience representing asset owner in these roles is a plus.
- Experience in LNG liquefaction facilities highly preferred.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work within project deadlines, and adjust as priorities changes occur
- Possess the ability to mentor others through technical training and guidance on planning, scheduling, and engineering subjects
- Ability to read and interpret engineer drawings to include P&IDs, PFDs, C&Es, One Line Diagrams, Isometrics, and Civil/Structural drawings
- Knowledge of applicable ASME and API standards.
- Experience with systems completions.
- Strong understanding of the design and operation of centrifugal pumps and compressors.
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.