Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
The role provides a comprehensive cost management and control function for the assigned areas of the project, may include budget control, change management, VOWD calculations, commitment tracking, cost forecasting, cash and accrual management, reporting, along with invoice attesting and processing. The role will oversee, facilitate, and ensure performance of responsibilities in accordance with Company and Project Guidelines and Procedures.
The Cost Manager will report to the Director, Project Controls. This position will be located in the New Orleans, LA area.
- Demonstrate visible leadership and commitment to HSSE performance.
- Manage and develop an organization that provides fit-for-purpose and effective cost control support to the project.
- Maintain timely awareness of project cost against baseline; analyze potential changes; recommend corrective actions.
- Support the Change Management process and ensure impacts are incorporated into cost and schedule forecasts along with contingency positions.
- Agree project arrangements for managing expenditure authorizations with cross-functional groups, i.e., Finance, Accounting, Management, etc.
- Ensure suitable cost control tools utilized and integrated for both Company and the Contractor systems.
- Monitor and review the cost control element of contractor performance throughout the contract life cycle; recommend corrective action where necessary.
- Control and coordinate communication to and from Company and external groups
- Facilitate sharing of data and analysis between Company and external groups as necessary.
- Action cost management and control activities for the project.
- Review contractor cost reports, cashflow and recommend corrective action where necessary.
- Assist in development of Estimate at Complete values for cost accounts
- Conduct cost variance analysis of reported data and communicate trends
- Understand the Project Schedule and ensure correlation to cost forecasting
- Participate in Change Management program to identify areas of risk exposure
- Evaluate staffing plans against budgets
- Manage the attesting and approval for payment of all invoices submitted for payment.
- Prepare regular and timely cost reports and may entail aggregating contractor’s cost reports into an overall integrated cost report, detailing progress against plans and budgets, for circulation to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Populate and update Company’s project monthly report and submit other cost information as requested for management reviews.
- Operate and administer EcoSys software for the project.
- Ensure the capture of project close-out information to improve cost estimating and schedule projections for future opportunities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business or a related field.
- Minimum 10-15 years project controls experience with 7+ years in a lead role.
- Experience leading the cost control function for a major project.
- Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical, and complicated project execution program; and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical and management-level audience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with an ability to communicate complex issues.
- Expert user of EcoSys software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Primavera P6 along with other Project Controls tools
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.