Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a Senior Engineer, Mechanical to join our team in Houston, TX temporarily before relocating to the Calcasieu Pass Facility in Louisiana.
This role reports to the Director, Operations Engineering and will initially have some interface with the project team to ensure a safe, compliant, and reliable plant design. The role will then transition to operational readiness and finally to reliability and maintenance engineering support. This position will have the responsibility to define and ensure mechanical asset operational and inspection needs are met.
The successful candidate shall be a technical SME for mechanical equipment, with in-depth understanding on asset integrity management for fixed equipment (ie. pressure vessels, piping systems, heat exchangers, pressure relief valves) with knowledge of predictive technologies for equipment evaluations including applicable calculations. Responsibilities may also include non-stationary equipment (eg. HVAC systems, other utility systems) and “fit for purpose” assessment on lifting devices and special tools to be used on plant.
A preference will be given to candidates who have applied knowledge of reliability engineering and best practices, ASME vessel and piping codes, and experience with Process Safety Management (PSM), corrosion mechanisms and protection methodologies. The incumbent shall also be familiar with associated industrial codes and standards- API, ANSI & ISO.
- Provide day-to-day engineering support to the Maintenance & Operations teams to ensure continued operability of plant equipment.
- Provide advanced diagnostic support, to allow rapid production recovery, in the event of equipment failure and forced plant outage.
- Provide support to the Maintenance team for Turnaround planning and execution.
- Assist in the development, monitoring and refinement of an Asset Maintenance Plan that includes: Value-added preventive/predictive maintenance tasks, effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies, and change management.
- Apply predictive tools to help understand cycle life and shifts in equipment performance. Such tools and technologies include vibration and lube oil analysis, infrared thermography, vibration, and ultra-sonics.
- Work with technicians to investigate equipment issues and develop actions to permanently remove failure modes through reengineering or replacement strategies.
- Conduct analyses of usage rates and equipment criticality to support a comprehensive parts inventory management plan.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the equipment/systems in order to effectively repair and install equipment and assist/recommend operational and mechanical improvements. This to include strainer and flange management processes, workshop quality management system for fabrication work.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced staff associated with maintaining and operating plant equipment, to ensure the highest level of asset availability.
- Provide, as a minimum, intermediate level Reliability Engineering support to the Operations team with focus in the areas of Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA): Provide expertise in relevant techniques to adequately lead RCFA and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM):
- Education and Certifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- A Professional Engineering License is preferred.
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience working in a senior mechanical engineering capacity for engineering or operations
- Oil and Gas experience is required, with preference in LNG applications. Petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.
- Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of CMMS Systems
- RCFA software tools for conducting failure analysis
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills with the ability to interact effectively within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to give clear and concise presentations and conduct effective meetings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with all functional groups within the organization.