Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking to welcome a Senior Azure Systems Administrator to our newly formed Information Technology team.
The Senior Azure Systems Administrator interfaces regularly with other Systems Administrators, Network Administrators and Technical Services leadership, and is responsible for the installation, monitoring and support of client facing systems in Azure, cloud-based technologies.
He/she will use the skills required of an Administrator role for Office 365 and have the working knowledge of the skills required to provision, manage, monitor, and decommission Azure related services.
Additional duties consist of standard Enterprise Data Center support of Servers and Active Directory.
- Enhancing current Azure cloud environments
- Monitoring and enhancing the security of Azure environments
- Evaluating and automating the scaling and capacity requirements within Azure environments
- Ensuring federated access across Active Directory and Azure AD
- Troubleshooting and resolving Azure environment performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Implementing new environments in the Azure cloud
- Working with application teams to integrate Azure infrastructure components into Venture Global LNG’s processes and procedures
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Availability to work night and weekend hours on occasion as required
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology or related field, or 7 or more years of equivalent experience
5 years or more of experience in supporting applications and functions in the Azure Cloud
Certification(s) related to the cloud environment preferred, such as MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Microsoft), CCNA Cloud (Cisco)
- Strong experience in implementing, monitoring and maintaining Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to Compute, Storage, Network and Security
- Strong knowledge of Backup, Restore, Recovery and high availability strategies for Microsoft Azure environments.
- Strong knowledge of IaaS and PaaS services
- Windows Server and SQL database creation, configuration, upgrade, migration and patching
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving Azure environment performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot Azure server and SQL database related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resources
- Strong understanding and background of working with a complex Active Directory, Azure AD, LDAP and the requirement of strictly following standards, procedures, and processes
- Advanced knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Kerberos and Windows Authentication
- Knowledge of network protocols such as: DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP
- Knowledge of Network and TCP/IP routing/subnetting.
- Knowledge of Cisco network equipment/IOS: routing, switching, and firewalls a plus
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of VPN connectivity and client trouble shooting.
- Excellent PowerShell skills
- Experience with Azure AD, Active Directory including managing/maintaining GPOs
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.