Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
Our team is looking to hire a Security/Emergency Response Manager who reports to the Director, HSSE and has the responsibility to efficiently and effectively provide site security services and asset (lives, buildings, equipment, inventory, data, & intellectual property) protection for Venture Global LNG Calcasieu Pass location.
The Security/Emergency Response Manger is responsible for interacting with the US Coast Guard, maintaining the Site Facility Security Plan ensuring that the site is ready to response to any changes to a MARSEC Level, directs and supervises the security the company including acting as the Facility Security Officer.
This position is responsible for the coordination of activities between contractors, regulatory agencies, local law enforcement and local emergency response agencies to protect the resources, assets and workers that are required to operate the LNG terminal. This individual will Support other safety related initiatives as required.
The position will also be responsible to coordinate Emergency Response, crisis management activities, provide disaster preparedness training, and prepare emergency plans and procedures for natural (e.g., hurricanes, floods, earthquakes), or technological (e.g., hazardous materials spills) disasters or hostage situations.
Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) will be required.
This position will be located on-site in Cameron Louisiana.
- Responsible for maintaining the site Facility Security Plan.
- Supervises the Security contractors and manage contract including budgeting and overtime.
- Responsible for auditing and ensuring the Site Contractor Security Workforce is meeting Venture Global LNG’s
- Responsible for appropriate training of the site workforce, contractors & visitors in regard to security responsibilities.
- Effectively manages daily activities in accordance with approved Facility Security Plan.
- Plans, schedules, participate and supervise the training of company and contract personnel involved in security, emergency response procedures.
- Communicates with and coordinates company activities with federal, state and local agencies and outside organizations such as the United States Coast Guard, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Transportation, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and local law enforcement.
- Reviews and monitors all new regulatory initiatives and ensures compliance with existing regulations dealing with security for the terminal. Reviews all major capital projects and other projects to ensure compliance with security regulations.
- Organizes, conducts and supervises security exercises/drills with the Coast Guard and other federal, state and local agencies.
- Develops and maintains security-training programs, procedures, audits, inspections, assessments and training records.
- Works with Marine Department concerning Declaration of Security during ship/shore interface.
- Maintains, operates, tests and calibrates as needed, terminal security systems and equipment.
- Responsible for managing the site TWIC Program and assisting with issues associated with TWIC.
- Responsible for the Emergency Response Plan and its coordination, and various committee’s as appropriate, ensuring that Venture Global LNG is kept abreast of emerging issues involving Federal, State & Local emergency response issues.
- Coordinate disaster response or crisis management activities such as ordering evacuations, opening public shelters, and implementing special needs plans and programs.
- Design and administer emergency/disaster preparedness training courses that teach people how to effectively respond to major emergencies and disasters.
- Develop and maintain liaisons with municipalities, county departments, and similar entities in order to facilitate plan development, response effort coordination, and exchanges of personnel and equipment.
- Conduct surveys to determine the types of emergency-related needs that will need to be addressed in disaster planning or provide technical support to others conducting such surveys.
- Consult with officials of local and area governments, schools, hospitals, and other institutions in order to determine their needs and capabilities in the event of a natural disaster or other emergency.
- Directs Security operations and activities at all Venture Global LNG facilities. Requires minimal supervision
- We require an Associates degree or higher in Homeland Security, Security Management, Emergency Response, or relevant discipline or equivalent work experience or equivalent military experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of related experience with at least three (3) years of supervisory/leadership role experience in Facility Security, equivalent military and Emergency Response experience. Recent FSO, Maritime Security or relevant experience including security and emergency response preferred. Knowledge and understanding of an Incident Command System. Proven capability in preparation and presentation of information to a varying audience.
- Possess a general understanding of LNG (or other cryogenic hydrocarbon liquids) transportation, storage and processing including security, maintenance, operations, governmental regulations and associated codes and standards. In-depth knowledge of plant security procedures, Emergency Response and Maritime Transportation Security Act. In depth working knowledge of U.S. Coast Guard, MTSA, TWIC, DOT, NFPA and appropriate OSHA regulations and International regulations (ISPS) is required.
- Proven written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite Tools (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Ability to establish a work environment where workers at all levels are motivated and encouraged to express themselves.
- Effective communicator at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Proficiently schedules, coordinates, plans and monitors multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Accomplished presenter, able to create and deliver industry-specific
- Ability to work in a “self-directed” environment and consistently anticipate the needs within the terminal and deliver on time.
- Tap Root training a plus.
- Required to be available for stand-by/on-call duty on nights, weekends, holidays, and after normal business hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, work at height above ground on stairs and catwalks, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear, smell, type and write.
- Must be able to board a ship via a gangway, climb to the top of a tank (200+ steps), scale vertical steel ladder up to forty feet or more in height, and lift and move objects weighting up to 30 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work indoors and outdoors, and exposed to year around weather conditions, ocean environment, noise, and occasionally process gases and vapors.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations.
- Must apply for and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Candidate is expected to satisfactorily complete an approved MTSA Facility Security Officer course.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.