Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s three Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
The responsibilities of the Electrical Lead include the following:
- Developing and directing project plans with the Engineering Project Manager (e.g. project budget, schedules, and change management requirements etc.)
- Reviewing and approving mechanical design standards and specifications and utilizing sector and safety best-practices
- Reviewing, monitoring and ensuring compliance requirements are met for design and procurement packages (e.g. Standards, specification and local codes and regulations etc.)
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining design standards, guides, and procedures.
- Providing input on project decisions
- Responding to reports and requests for information.
- Communicating change orders and executing change management processes.
- Supporting operations and maintenance training.
- Reviewing and testing supplier equipment
- Assisting in the selection of machinery and equipment
- Preparing technical reviews and evaluations
- Reviewing process data sheets and supplier documentation
- Providing technical support to risk assessments, design reviews, constructability, HAZOP, etc.
- Providing technical support for installation and commissioning
- Providing inspection and construction support as necessary
Supervising supplier design and coordinating with other engineering disciplines requirements
- Graduate of a recognized university with a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Professional Engineering designation with (or eligible to be registered with)
- 12 years minimum experience in engineering field, preferably with EPC experience.
- 8 years minimum of progressive professional project engineering or discipline engineering experience in the oil and gas or related industry.
- Experience with electrical power distribution equipment, such as transformers, breakers, PDC’s, motors, etc.
- Experience with switchyard
- Expertise in electrical design and material selection in accordance with oil and gas standards.
- Working knowledge of oil and gas industry codes and standards, including but not limited to API, NEC, ANSI, IEEE, NEMA, NFPA IEC, etc.
- Knowledge of appropriate construction methods.
- Willingness to temporarily travel/transfer to an offsite location during the fabrication phase
- Strong verbal and written communication skills * Direct construction and industrial plant commissioning experience is an asset
- Experience in the LNG and Power industry is an asset and strongly preferred