Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Maintenance Supervisor – Controls.
The Maintenance Controls Supervisor reports to the Maintenance Director and leads the safe, efficient and effective execution of all Controls, Analyzer and F&G maintenance work at Venture Global Calcasieu Pass Liquefied Natural Gas facility. The Maintenance Controls Supervisor is responsible for working with other Supervisors, Managers and Directors within the Operations & Maintenance departments.
- Ensures Controls systems, dedicated applications, Analyzer and F&G maintenance work is executed within all Venture Global LNG HSSE processes, procedures, standards and regulations.
- Ensures direct reports adhere to VGIMS (Venture Global Integrity Management System), maintenance manual and work management process and procedures.
- Functions as Maintenance SME (Subject Matter Expert) in his/her area of technical expertise.
- Provides technical support to problem solving activities and ensure maintenance and reliability issues are identified and corrective measures are implemented.
- Manages, supervises and assigns work activities, ensures direct reports understand work scope, required procedures and potential safety, health, environmental work hazards.
- Review permits to work under his/her area of responsibility (ePTW as applicable). Ensure permits are prepared and submitted to Operations well in advance before execution.
- Key participant in maintenance processes such as daily work progress updates, maintenance work planning/schedule review meetings, backlog review meetings, among other meetings.
- Manage and approve direct reports time cards according to Venture Global LNG Policies and Procedures.
- Supports and develops direct reports through competency assessments and skills development training.
- Monitor contractor work execution time sheet approval and safe work completion, according to contractor management procedure. Reports contractor work quality/non-compliances issues to Planning/Contract teams.
- Identify and order required special and routine tools/equipment/PPE for the safe execution of maintenance activities under his/her area of responsibility.
- Support development of technical specifications for maintenance contract services.
- Participate in and/or lead Ready for Operations (RFO) maintenance projects, such as – but not limited to, spare parts selection, maintenance strategies development, procedures development.
- Assist with the pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup and initial operation of the Calcasieu Pass facility. This will include being a vital member of the integrated commissioning / start-up team with the EPC contractor.
- Participate in various reviews during the Engineering and Design Phases, such as HAZOPs, 3D models and P&ID reviews.
- When required, assume the responsibilities of the Maintenance Instrument Supervisor during his absence.
- Education and Certifications
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED; Technical degree in Instrumentation, Industrial Maintenance E&I or nationally recognized standard, NCCER is preferred.
- Minimum Ten (10) years of maintenance work experience in Oil & Gas, LNG or Petrochemical facilities.
- Three (3) years at a supervisory level is preferred.
- Knowledge of industrial standards, code regulations (i.e. API, ISA, FERC, NFPA70E).
- Experience developing management programs for controls systems, dedicated applications, analyzer and F&G, such as – but not limited to, system administration, backup/recovery programs, access control, alarm management and cybersecurity interfaces.
- Strong experience maintaining and troubleshooting DCS/SIS/PLCs and dedicated applications systems - Experience in Yokogawa DCS/SIS systems is preferred. Configuration is a plus.
- Experience with GC Analyzer Systems (such as AMADAS) as well F&G Systems (Field and Buildings)
- Experience and knowledge maintaining, troubleshooting BHGE Mark Vie systems is preferred.
- Applied knowledge of maintenance and inspection of dedicated application systems such as - but not limited to, rotating machinery vibration and speed monitoring systems, tank gauging systems, loading arms, mooring/berthing aid systems, IGVs, FGVs, HMIs, among others.
- Experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of industrial network communication systems (Hardware and Software).
- Experience analyzing process events using Real Time Sampling (RTIS) applications is a plus.
- Familiar with CMMS systems work management process (Work order process). SAP experience is preferred.
- Management/Supervision of small/medium scale DCS/PLCs projects.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Organized, strong planning skills, able to manage multiple activities in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals.
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and innovative skills.
- Able to be efficient and effective while working under pressure.
- Computer skills, able to work with Microsoft Office applications, such as – but not limited to Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.