Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Shift Supervisor – Process.
The Shift Supervisor-Process reports to the LNG Operations Director and is the focal point, on a shift basis, for the coordination and supervision of all activities involving the safe and effective operation of the Venture Global Calcasieu Pass liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for working with other Supervisors, Managers and Directors within the Operations & Maintenance departments to manage and optimize the LNG Liquefaction facility.
- Drive a proactive approach to safe plant operations, keeping alert for unsafe practices and conditions and ensuring corrective actions taken. Ensure facility operates within all permit requirements.
- Ensure that systems are in place and operable for effective emergency response and be responsible for first line incident control. Ensure all safety and environmental documentation is completed.
- Assist with the pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup and initial operation of the LNG Facility. This will include being a vital member of the integrated commissioning / start-up team(s) with the EPC contractor.
- Ensure economic and operational efficiency of plant, ensure the shift understands the plant business strategy and budget, and manages resources (staff and materials) within operational requirements and budgetary constraints.
- Oversee execution of production plan, communicating goals and deviations as necessary, coordinate with other departments on behalf of the operations team, coordinate internal information sharing such as shift change and shift logs.
- Maintain production targets and ensure optimization of plant throughput. Ensure all product quality specifications are met and develop methods and procedures to increase operating efficiency.
- Ensure the plant operates within the operating envelope, ensure proper transfer of ownership of equipment between Operations and Maintenance, and determine and prioritize maintenance requirements and write associated work orders.
- Provide technical support to problem solving activities during the shift and ensure reliability issues are identified and properly communicated to the appropriate department.
- Supervise the activities of all shift operators; develop individual performance improvement plans with operators and formal training and development requirements. Provide informal mentoring and instruction, conduct annual performance reviews, and hold individuals accountable for performance and behavior.
- Participate in daily strategy planning with Production management and work to overcome the limitations and deficiencies to assure targets are met.
- Incident Command and emergency management on off hours.
- Participate in various reviews during the Engineering and Design Phases, such as HAZOPs, 3D model, P & ID, and siting reviews.
- Participate in and/or lead the Operating procedure and manual development process.
- Participate in and/or lead the development of Operations training program. Once completed, a key aspect of this program will be to act as a mentor by providing the trainee with meaningful job assignments, on the job training, and progress monitoring.
- Education and Certifications: PTEC degree preferred or relevant process experience.
- Experience: Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years experience in commissioning, startup, and operations in Oil & Gas or petrochemical facilities, of which at least two (2) must be at a supervisory or superintendent level.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities are required.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to operate and maintain the LNG terminal and Liquefaction production facilities.
- Possess the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with management, peers and the various facility level workers whom are all responsible for ensuring good operations.
- Organized, planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status
- LNG experience strongly preferred
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.