Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a Principal Engineer, Rotating Equipment to join our team in Houston, TX with eventual relocation to the Calcasieu Pass Facility in Louisiana.
This role reports to the Director, Operations Engineering and will be responsible for developing and progressing the Ready for Operations (RFO) activities, ensuring seamless transition of the facility from EPC to the operations phase.
The successful candidate shall be a technical SME for rotating equipment, with in-depth understanding on drivers such as turbines (gas & steam) and motors, and driven equipment such as generators, compressors and pumps. The incumbent shall also be familiar with associated supporting components/systems such as, couplings, bearings, lubrication and sealing systems (dry gas seals and mechanical seals). Working knowledge in compressor performance and vibration analysis is key in successful performance of this job.
Additionally, this individual shall provide, as a minimum, intermediate level Reliability Engineering support to the Operations team with focus in the following areas:
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA): With expertise in relevant techniques to adequately lead RCFA exercises for failures relating to plant equipment and/or processes.
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM): With adequate knowledge in relevant techniques to drive fine-tuning & improvements in existing Maintenance practices to achieve a cost-effective, yet safe robust Maintenance strategy.
The incumbent is also expected to provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced staff associated with maintaining and operating plant equipment, to ensure the highest level of asset availability.
- Serves as a resident company Subject Matter Expert, providing advice and guidance on Rotating Equipment system engineering issues.
- Provide daily-to-day Rotating Equipment and Mechanical systems support to the Maintenance & Operations teams to ensure continued operability of plant equipment.
- Providing advanced diagnostic support, to allow rapid production recovery, in the event of equipment failure and forced plant outage.
- Provide Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) leadership during RCFA exercises.
- This include the ability to wrap up summaries (with causes and recommendations) and present to concerned parties.
- Provide interpretation and evaluation services to analysis and recommendations from the Reliability Technicians on predictive programs.
- Provide support to the Maintenance team for Turnaround planning and execution.
- Supports availability tracking and improving the overall reliability for plant equipment and Responsible for evaluating the workflow process, identification of critical spares, spare parts storage and preservation requirements for Rotating Equipment systems throughout the plant.
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM): Lead initiatives to drive fine-tuning & improvements in existing Maintenance practices to achieve a cost-effective.
- Education and Certifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline is required
- Mechanical Engineering focus is preferred.
- A Professional Engineering License is preferred.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience working in a senior engineering capacity, with Rotating and Mechanical equipment in an industrial setting in engineering or operations
- Oil and Gas experience is required, with preference in LNG applications, however, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.
- Extensive knowledge of gas turbines (Frames & Aero-derivatives) and compressors (including compressor performance) is required
- Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of CMMS Systems
- RCFA tools for conducting failure analysis
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.