Data Scientist – JD Digits AI Lab
Location: Mountain View, CA
JD Digits AI Lab in Mountain View, is looking for Data Scientists with strong background in analytics, statistical inference and big data. As a data scientist, you will be uniquely positioned in our team to dig deep into our big data and draw insights from it. You will translate findings into a compelling narrative about this highly strategic, fast-growing industry. Our research team has applied deep learning technologies to understand users and utilized it in various products, such as personalized feeds, product recommendation, chatbots, etc. On top of our core technologies, we are working on an intelligent user operations platform that is able to guide business decisions and maximize impact. If you’re passionate about leveraging data to drive business and product decisions, we want to hear from you.
1) Lead the effort to communicate the state of the business to stakeholders and draw insights to make strategic decisions.
2) Build core data repositories and pipelines to empower operational analysis and causal inference.
3) Partner with business stakeholders to define and evaluate core business metrics.
4) Team with research scientists and engineers to transform business insights into products.
- Master (at least 5-year industrial experience) or Ph.D. (at least 2-year industrial experience) in at least one of the following fields (but not limited to): Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, etc.
- Expert in analytical skills (SQL, SPARK, statistics, optimization, etc.).
- Experience with big data and building large-scale data pipelines end-to-end.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams and driving data-driven decisions.
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills.
- Experience in the area of user growth and engagement.
- Experience in building big-data analytical tools and visualization tools.
- Finance/insurance industry experience is a plus but not required.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new things.
- Team orientation: we work towards our goal as an agile team together, rather than individually.
About JD Digits
JD Digits was formerly known as JD Finance before comprehensively brand escalated in November 2018. Its operational purpose is to connect finance and real industry by using digital technology, boosting the influence of the Internet, enhancing the digital and intelligent development of industries, foster the development of the real economy and create greater social value. Centered on the cutting-edge technologies including data technology, AI, IoT and blockchain, JD Digits has completed the deployment in finance, city, agriculture, campus services and digital marketing, and integrated the personal end, corporate end and government end in terms of its clients.
In the future, JD Digits will more deeply explore current business patterns and enter into more real industry sectors.
About JD (http://corporate.jd.com)
JD.com is the largest e-commerce company in China, and the largest Chinese retailer, by revenue. The company strives to offer consumers the best online shopping experience. Through its user-friendly website, native mobile apps, and WeChat and Mobile QQ entry points, JD offers consumers a superior shopping experience. The company has the largest fulfillment infrastructure of any e-commerce company in China. As of June 30, 2017, JD.com operated 7 fulfillment centers and 335 warehouses covering 2,691 counties and districts across China, staffed by its own employees. JD.com is a member of the NASDAQ100 and a Fortune Global company.
JD.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.