Job Description - Research Scientist in Computer Vision, Graphics, and Virtual Reality
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Cambridge, UK
We are looking for research scientists in computer vision, graphics and virtual reality to join JD AI. JD.com creates a large body of vision related novel applications ranging from e-commence image search, scene analysis and understanding, and robot vision to virtual and augmented reality. Candidates with both theoretical and applied interests are encouraged to apply. We have an open publication policy and the researchers at JD research are actively contributing to the relevant international research communities.
- Design and develop state-of-the-art computer vision and graphics for scene analysis and understanding, object detection and classification, object tracking, and activity recognition; publish research work in top research platforms such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICRA, ICML, NIPS;
- Work together with machine learning and other technical teams for larger integrated projects;
- Prototyping hardware or software solutions for computer vision, graphics and virtual reality applications;
- Working closely with the engineering team to integrate perception solutions for autonomous robotics or other platforms.
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent with a focus on computer vision/graphics related subjects;
- Track records in computer vision and machine learning publications at refereed conferences and in journals such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICRA, TPAMI, IJCV;
- Research experience in one or more areas of computer vision including robot vision, navigation and planning, 3D re-construction, scene analysis, object detection and tracking, activity detection and recognition;
- Experience with developing hardware or software solutions in machine perception for commercial use;
- Strong experience with the software development process, including automated build and test in a test-driven development environment;
- Ability to handle and solve complex issues in systematic and creative ways;
- Ability to plan and manage time, tasks, milestones and resources to meet project objectives;
- Eager to learn new algorithms, new application areas and new tools;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Academic or industrial expertise (post PhD 5+ years) in one or more areas related;
- An active contributor to the relevant international research communities;
- Strong experience in building and leading a technical team;
- Extensive experience in developing real-time perception systems for robot applications, especially experiences in developing autonomous ground vehicles, autonomous aerial vehicles (i.e., drones), autonomous manipulation robots and warehouse automation systems.