Job Description – Business Development Manager, Japan
JD.com Inc. is China's leading online direct sales company and a Fortune Global 500 company. JD.com’s 2015 Gross Merchandize Value (GMV) was USD71.5 billion, growing at 78% year-on-year. As of third quarter 2016, JD.com, a Nasdaq-listed company, had 199 million annual active customers and handled 4.5 million average daily orders. JD.com Inc, delivered superior customer service leveraging its self-operated fulfillment infrastructure, largest of any e-commerce company in China.
JD Worldwide is a designated business unit in JD.com to bring quality international products to Chinese consumers. We aim to directly procure quality imported products from global suppliers, brand owners and manufacturers for our direct sale business, as well as to recruit global consumer goods, beauty and electronics brands to partner with JD.com on marketplace. JD Worldwide is to build world class product sourcing and brand recruitment capability to serve our consumers’ growing demands for high quality and authentic imported products.
The candidate needs to be a dynamic, self-starting leader with great relationship management and negotiation skills who understands the global business landscape. In this role, you will work alongside with the procurement, marketplace operation and marketing team to build market entry strategies and drive key partnerships to enable global expansions. This position requires strong self-motivation and project management skills and the ideal candidate will have the ability to work in an entrepreneurial and multi-cultural environment for complex business problems within JD Worldwide.
- Work with key internal stakeholders (e.g. procurement, marketplace operation and marketing) to develop global client engagement plans and strategies
- Identify new international brand recruitment and procurement opportunities
- Develop client acquisition goals, metrics and plans, and execute
- Develop and execute market entry strategies for key clients, including marketing, operations, and logistics
- Ability to work within a cross functional and multi-cultural team is required
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in securing distribution rights from and partnerships with well-known international brands (preferred)
- 5+ years of post-degree working experience in the international trading, retail, FMCG or ecommerce
- Fluent spoken and written Japanese and Chinese
- PC skills, MS Word, Excel and Power Point
Available Work Locations: