Job Description - Research Scientists in Robotics
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Cambridge, UK
We are looking for research scientists in robotics to join JD AI JD.com possesses a large body of novel applications related to robotics, including social home robots, automatic guided vehicles for warehouses, and autonomous cars or unmanned aerial vehicles for delivery. The skills, qualifications, and experience required to perform the role are a first degree in a relevant discipline and a PhD degree (or about to be awarded a PhD degree) in automatic control, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or other related areas. Besides encouraging the investigation on new applications, JD.com also has an open policy in publication. Our researchers have strong publication records in top robotic conferences and journals, which include NIPS, ICML, AAAI, TAROS, Humanoids, RoboSoft, ICRA, IEEE Transactions on Robotics.
- Design and develop state-of-the-art applications on robotics; publish research work at robotics conferences and journals, such as TAROS, Humanoids, RoboSoft, ICRA, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, or general AI conferences such as ICML, NIPS, AAAI etc.;
- Work together with our machine learning, computer vision, and other teams for larger integrated projects;
- Prototype hardware or software solutions for robotic applications;
- Work closely with the engineering team to integrate solutions into robots or other platforms;
- PhD in Automatic Control, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a focus on robotics;
- Publication records on robotics in preferred journals and conferences, such as TAROS and IEEE Transactions on Robotics;
- Research experience in one or more areas of robotics, such as biologically inspired robotics, soft robotics, modelling and simulation of biological systems, soft matter modelling and analysis;
- Knowledge in programming language or electronic circuits;
- Ability to plan and manage time, tasks, milestones and resources to meet project objectives.
- Academic or industrial expertise (post PhD >5 years) in one or more related areas;
- An active contributor to the relevant international research communities;
- Experience in building and leading a technical team.