Job Description - Research Scientists in Spoken Language Processing
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Cambridge, UK
We are looking for research scientists in spoken language processing to join JD AI JD.com to innovate a large body of novel applications related to speech processing and natural language understanding, ranging from e-commerce voice search, automatic helpline service, to intelligent audio box, to name just a few. Candidates with broad interests in speech and language studies are encouraged to apply. JD.com also has an open policy in publication in promoting the state-of-the-art research work. Our researchers have strong publication records in top AI conferences, which include speech and language conferences such as ICASSP, Interspeech, ASRU, ACL, NAACL.
- Design and develop state-of-the-art applications on speech recognition/synthesis, speaker recognition, spoken dialogue system, spoken language translation, and emotion recognition; publish research work at speech and language conferences, such as ICASSP, Interspeech, ASRU, SLT, ACL, EMNLP, COLING;
- Work together with our machine learning, computer vision, and other teams for larger integrated projects;
- Prototype hardware or software solutions for speech and language applications;
- Work closely with the engineering team to integrate solutions into autonomous robotics or other platforms.
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent with a focus on speech and language processing;
- Publication records on speech and language processing at referred conferences and in journals such as ICASSP, ACL, TASLP, CL, or machine learning related such as ICML, NIPS, AAAI;
- Research experience in one or more areas of speech and language processing, such as speech enhancement, speech recognition, speech synthesis, speaker recognition, spoken dialogue systems, and spoken language translation;
- Experience with the speech toolkits such as HTK or Kaldi, or general deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch;
- Ability to plan and manage time, tasks, milestones and resources to meet project objectives;
- Academic or industrial expertise (post PhD >5 years) in one or more related areas;
- An active contributor to the relevant international research communities;
- Experience in building and leading a technical team;