Job Description: JD Digits - AI Lab Research Scientist / Engineer
Job Location: Mountain View, CA
Job Type: Full-Time
1) Conduct applied research and development in machine learning, deep learning, computer vision and natural language processing.
2) Research and evaluate state-of-the-art AI algorithms for consumer finance, supply chain finance, mobile payment, asset management, rural finance, insurance, securities, retail, etc.
3) Develop AI products for the finance industry. Example tasks include, but are not limited to, fraud detection, credit scoring, robo-advisors, image recognition, text recognition, face recognition, video surveillance, search, recommendation, sales bots, personal finance assistant, etc.
- Ph.D. in at least one of the following field (or similar):
- Computer vision: image classification, detection, segmentation, 3D image modeling, etc.
- Machine learning: deep learning, large-scale optimization, probabilistic inference, etc.
- Data mining: information extraction, knowledge/pattern discovery from huge-size, complex data
- Ability to quickly prototype state-of-the-art algorithms and write high-quality code.
- Experience in developing new algorithms with track record on top journals/conferences.
- Experience in integrating new techniques into the live production system.
- Familiar with at least one of deep learning frameworks: Tensorflow, Pytorch, Caffe, Mxnet, etc.
- Experience with large-scale computing platform, e.g., Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Finance industry experience is a plus but not required.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new things.
- Team orientation: we work towards our goal as an agile team together, rather than individually.
About JD Digits
JD Digits was formerly known as JD Finance before comprehensively brand escalated in November 2018. Its operational purpose is to connect finance and real industry by using digital technology, boosting the influence of the Internet, enhancing the digital and intelligent development of industries, foster the development of the real economy and create greater social value. Centered on the cutting-edge technologies including data technology, AI, IoT and blockchain, JD Digits has completed the deployment in finance, city, agriculture, campus services and digital marketing, and integrated the personal end, corporate end and government end in terms of its clients. As of June 2019, JD Digits is the second most funded Chinese fintech and blockchain startup.
In the future, JD Digits will more deeply explore current business patterns and enter into more real industry sectors.
About JD (http://corporate.jd.com)
JD.com is the largest e-commerce company in China, and the largest Chinese retailer, by revenue. The company strives to offer consumers the best online shopping experience. Through its user-friendly website, native mobile apps, and WeChat and Mobile QQ entry points, JD offers consumers a superior shopping experience. The company has the largest fulfillment infrastructure of any e-commerce company in China. As of June 30, 2017, JD.com operated 7 fulfillment centers and 335 warehouses covering 2,691 counties and districts across China, staffed by its own employees. JD.com is a member of the NASDAQ100 and a Fortune Global company.