We are pioneers at heart. What this means, is that we are always leaning forward, thinking of what we can create tomorrow that does not exist today. We were born digital and we are a new model of agency, with a deep skillset in tech and marketing. That’s why we hire curious, self-driven, talented people who never stop innovating.
Our culture is big enough to cope and small enough to care. Meaning, that with people across 20+ countries, we’re big enough to provide you with the best tools, global opportunities, and benefits that help you thrive. While acting small by investing in you, your growth, your team, and giving you the autonomy to solve our clients problems, no matter where you are in the world.
Although we do a lot of remote work, we have two awesome offices in Argentina we love to visit: in Buenos Aires - Villa Crespo and in Mar del Plata (placed in the Villa Santa Paula’s castle)!
Let’s jump into some more details about DEPT@:
Some of the things that we believe in:
- Great UI/UX is critical; aesthetics, animations, copy and speed are all part of this
- Code quality is a top priority; style guides, code reviews, best practices
- Collaboration; great communication is the key to any project
- Constantly curious; we're constantly learning/evolving through guild meetings, lunch & learns, conferences and practice
- A healthy work/life balance; getting home in time for dinner is important
We focus on building great products with clients that we enjoy and respect. Our work has improved people's lives, been seen by millions of users, featured in the app stores, had books written about it, featured in the press, received awards and, most importantly, brought delight to users. We are growing fast and looking for individuals that are passionate about the development process and not timid about working directly with clients.
What will your day be like?
- You’ll develop apps that are making a material impact on the world and will be seen by millions of users
- You’ll develop using Kotlin and Java
- You’ll be a part of agile software development practices and peer/code reviews
- You’ll interface with clients. We estimate about 80% hands-on development and 20% client interaction & documentation
- You love being a developer and are passionate about the Android ecosystem
- You will play a lead role in the Android practice by fostering a sense of team
- You’ll help shape and develop best practices, innovation, and community involvement for the Android team
- You will lead the sharing of learning and projects internally, to the tech community, and to prospective clients
- You will lead and collaborate with others to solve not just technical, but people, design, and product challenges
- You are either living in Mar del Plata or CABA open to assist our office from time to time to connect with other local folks OR you are willing to work remotely from any other part of Argentina.
- You have an upper intermediate oral english level, being used to use it with your clients abroad
- You are up to date on the latest trends in the ecosystem and consider yourself a thought leader
- You are curious enough to constantly be trying out new things and experienced enough to lead clients in technology decisions
- You will bring this knowledge to the team and help support continued learning initiatives and involvement in the community acting as a subject matter expert
- You are in love with UI/UX and are always looking for ways to push what can be done
- You have deep experience in architecting UIs and know how to bring interesting animations to life
- You have a good understanding of the network and data layer and are able to craft solutions to make an app feel lightning fast
Most importantly you are delivery focused. You want to ship something to users, get their feedback and iterate. The drive to ship something enables you to take down obstacles and break hard problems into solvable chunks so that you can make forward progress.
WE SUPPORT YOU BEING YOU:
DEPT® is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We believe our work is its best when our people feel safe and free to be themselves. We’re committed to an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace, regardless of anyone’s identity, background, beliefs, lifestyle or disabilities. So tell us about any accommodations you need. It’s totally confidential and only used to make sure you feel fully supported at every step.
We are a B Corp-certified company passionate about purpose-driven work. Our hope is that you can feel good about the contributions DEPT® is making to the world and we always have an open door for your ideas in making the world a better place.
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
At DEPT®, we take pride in creating an inclusive workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We actively seek to recruit, develop, nurture, and retain talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with varying skills and perspectives.
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Apply, and let us decide! Research shows that women and members of underrepresented groups tend not to apply for jobs when they think they may not meet every requirement, when in fact they do. We believe in giving everyone a fair chance to shine.
We also encourage you to reach out to us and discuss any reasonable adjustments we can make to support you throughout the recruitment process and your time with us.
Want to know more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion? Check out our efforts here.