As a Human Resource Associate Director your role is to coordinate HR policies and programs with emphasis on the benefits and compensation areas. You will ensure that the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, the position works closely with the Vice President and Senior Vice President, Human Resources in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions and activities. The position also assists with the safety efforts and policies regarding all health and safety requirements in each location of the organization
- Plan, direct and supervise all activities relating to the administration and maintenance of payroll and employee benefits programs. Develop, implement and control programs in a manner that ensures cost effectiveness, market competitiveness and internal equity among employees in conjunction with the Global Business Analytics Director and HR Managers.
- Partner with local and global office leadership in the administration and delivery of high-impact HR solutions in alignment with Critical Mass’ values, goals and objectives
- Provide oversight of administration of benefits programs, including conducting analyses and serving as primary contact with providers (including group health and life), unemployment and retirement plans.
- Assist the Vice President Human Resources and Senior Vice President of Human Resources in the daily administration of other HR services as directed or assigned, promotions, transfers, contract negotiation and administration, affirmative action/EEO compliance, job classification, performance evaluation, and employee relations in accordance with quality management principles and overall objectives of the organization.
- Develop, prepare, generate and analyze ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to employee personnel information and data, including issues such as benefits costs, staffing levels/deployment, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, applicant tracking, EEO, compensation, promotions, etc. Effectively utilize the data processing system to obtain, store and analyze pertinent data and information.
- Provide oversight, assistance and direction for global Human Resource team projects and initiatives, tools and processes.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal, provincial, state laws/regulations affecting human resource management. Identify trends that could affect organizational objectives and/or operational resources. Interpret appropriate laws and policies and advise management, employees and retirees accordingly.
- Minimum 5 years’ generalist experience in a software, agency or interactive web development environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Thorough understanding of state and federal laws concerning employee benefits and payroll.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.