Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 99,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We're a diverse mix of backgrounds and skillsets and each of us makes a big difference every day. We need leaders that know how to run enterprise-grade services and is passionate about combining software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Box’s SRE organization ensures that Box’s customer’s have a highly reliable, performant experience while enabling developers to excel at what they do best — quickly iterate and deliver a world-class product. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
WHY YOU NEED BOX
You will be part of the inaugural SRE organization, where you will have the unique opportunity to bring your expertise during the exciting phase of Box’s journey to a cloud-first environment. You will enjoy flexing your leadership and technical muscles and get to work with cutting-edge technologies that will define the future of Box. You will have visibility and impact across all of Engineering.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Scale your team via mentorship and build a culture that reflects your values of accountability, collaboration and passion.
- Drive the roadmap in conjunction with SRE leadership and supported service owners. Bring together multiple perspectives and be the key connector in this important and highly visible role.
- Participate in deep technical design discussions within your team, across partner teams, and ensure that we are building the right solutions.
- You will build software, frameworks, and tools required for reliable operations of Box's services across multiple cloud environments
- You will be constantly developing automations / frameworks / tools for better platform reliability/availability.
- You'll collaborate with other engineers on the team as well as cross functionally to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- You're detail-oriented and curious and when you're faced with a black box - you open it up and figure out how it works
- You effectively prioritize and manage your time and you can communicate effortlessly in any medium - email, slack, phone, face-to-face - and to any audience from a senior engineer to a vice president
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams and delivering SRE on a global scale
- You have experience running distributed systems in production at scale and have managed systems with software
- You are a hands on engineering leader with experience on higher level coding languages (e.g Python, Go)
- Experience translating business needs into engineering opportunities focused on scale, performance, reliability, efficiency, and product velocity.
- Experience growing and managing diverse, talented, global engineering teams.
- Experience building strong relationships within and across peer teams that foster deep engagement and delivering key technologies.
- You are passionate about solving complex problems with software
- Experience in system design and able to help the team in designing complex systems/frameworks
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You are able to inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching others