WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 67% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
As part of a team that is revolutionizing how businesses share and manage content, the Technical Support Engineer is tasked with tackling, researching, and solving our customer’s toughest technical issues to ensure our users are delighted with their Box experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide awesome service to customers, excelling in empathy and case ownership.
- Collaborate with multiple tiers of support, act as an escalation point, and investigate complex/corner issues including advanced network/firewall/proxy configurations, debugging complex desktop environments and system registries, and SSO configurations.
- Support a growing population of Developers on the Box Platform, being able to solve increasingly challenging questions that arise from use of the Box API, SDK’s, and integrations with third-party applications. As the Box Platform grows, so will your need to be up-to-date.
- Be both a support agent and advocate for a variety of subjects related to Enterprise Content Management (ECM).
- Speak with users about technical issues in a way they can understand.
- Resolve web-based, phone, and email requests via our CRM, community, phone, remote assistance and other tools.
- Work cross-functionally with Customers, User Services, and Engineering to ensure resolution of customer issues.
- Participate in skunk-works projects. E.g. Innovating around new support channels or building internal tools to increase efficiency and internal knowledge for a global team.
- Identify, develop and deliver training/mentorship to benefit all areas of User Services and Customer Success.
- Think outside the box (haha!), propose, and execute improvements to our process, product, and knowledge.
- Have a blast making one of the fastest growing cloud companies even better!
WHO YOU ARE
- BA/BS degree from top college/university
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or similar technical background. This is a highly technical role!
- 2+ years of experience in working with customers in a technical role with a focus in advanced network/firewall/proxy configurations and desktop troubleshooting.
- A strong sense of empathy with customers trying to use our products.
- Experience in SaaS product is a big plus.
- Experience in writing SQL queries is a plus.
- Ability to improvise, think creatively, and find solutions to tricky problems.
- Drive and ability to GSD, independently and collaboratively.
- High attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot with limited information and a clear plan of action.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated passion about solving customer issues.
- Ideally you are an existing Box user who wants to make our product better.
- Experience with JIRA, Zendesk or other bug tracking tools.
- Some experience writing code would be a plus!
- Previous Support Engineering / Developer Support experience also a big plus!
- Fluent or Native Japanese Language skills
- Passion for cloud technologies.
- Bring your wacky self to work!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.