Technical Support Engineer
As part of a team that is revolutionizing how businesses share and manage content, the Technical Support Engineer is tasked with tackling, researching, and solving our customer’s toughest technical issues to ensure our users are delighted with their Box experience.
As an escalation point, you will work closely with the Support, Product, Platform, Engineering, and Technical Operations teams to identify problems, hypothesize on root cause, test issues, manage the bug ticket queue, and whatever is required to resolve issues rapidly and get our users back on track. The role requires that you can easily transition between speaking with Engineering, Developers and customers (both technically skilled and novices).
Ideally, you enjoy customer interaction, like solving tough issues, and want to grow into increasingly technical roles. You are smart, resourceful, and a team player excited to solve problems, advocate for users, and amplify Box's core values. Above all, you like to relentlessly pursue user delight!
- Provide awesome service to customers, excelling in empathy and case ownership.
- Collaborate with multiple tiers of support, act as an escalation point, and investigate complex/corner issues including advanced network/firewall/proxy configurations, debugging complex desktop environments and system registries, and SSO configurations.
- Support a growing population of Developers on the Box Platform, being able to solve increasingly challenging questions that arise from use of the Box API, SDK’s, and integrations with third-party applications. As the Box Platform grows, so will your need to be up-to-date.
- Be both a support agent and advocate for a variety of subjects related to Enterprise Content Management (ECM).
- Speak with users about technical issues in a way they can understand.
- Resolve web-based, phone, and email requests via our CRM, community, phone, remote assistance and other tools.
- Work cross-functionally with Customers, User Services, and Engineering to ensure resolution of customer issues.
- Participate in skunk-works projects. E.g. Innovating around new support channels or building internal tools to increase efficiency and internal knowledge for a global team.
- Identify, develop and deliver training/mentorship to benefit all areas of User Services and Customer Success.
- Think outside the box (haha!), propose, and execute improvements to our process, product, and knowledge.
- Have a blast making one of the fastest growing cloud companies even better!
- BA/BS degree from top college/university
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or similar technical background. This is a highly technical role!
- 2+ years of experience in working with customers in a technical role with a focus in advanced network and desktop troubleshooting.
- A strong sense of empathy with customers trying to use our products.
- Ability to improvise, think creatively, and find solutions to tricky problems.
- Drive and ability to GSD, independently and collaboratively.
- High attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot with limited information and a clear plan of action.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated passion about solving customer issues.
- Ideally you are an existing Box user who wants to make our product better.
- Experience with JIRA, Zendesk or other bug tracking tools.
- Some experience writing code would be a plus!
- Previous Support Engineering / Developer Support experience also a big plus!
- Passion for cloud technologies.
- Bring your wacky self to work!