Technical Account Manager
WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration, and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture most of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 110,000 businesses, including 67% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Technical Account Managers help enterprises make the most of Box by acting as an advocate and dedicated resource to some of Box's most strategic customers. They understand the Box platform in detail and are industry experts who understand the critical nature of Cloud Content Management. This combination of technical and strategic experiences ensures business continuity, expertise during times of crisis, and compliance with best practices. TAMs are a core part of the account team and are backed by a dedicated support staff. TAMs will also act on behalf of customers to champion capabilities and features that will improve quality, increase efficiency, and realize new value for our customer base.
As our team grows, we are looking for someone with 2 or more years of experience working for a SAAS company; support/account management experience preferred. This person has a strong sense of empathy with customers and has previously demonstrated ability managing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
WHO YOU ARE
You are the person always left looking for a solution when others have given up. You live for thinking through issues, finding novel solutions to tough problems, and improving processes. You can turn a frustrated customer into a Box advocate. You are smart, resourceful, and charismatic. You communicate issues to engineers on a technical level yet speak clearly to customers. You are a self starter and can easily motivate yourself when given a project or a task. You are excited by the idea of revolutionizing how a company resolves its customers' technical needs at scale.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide a white glove level of service and support to your assigned accounts by helping them implement and operationalize Box products to grow their business
- Develop a deeper understanding of assigned clients’ business practices and operating environment
- Perform technical reviews of their support health, on a weekly and quarterly basis (ticket reviews, standard support metrics, etc.)
- Act as an escalation always point for critical technical issues
- Partner with customer's helpdesk team to drive training, best practices, and pipeline for feedback
- Work with the wider Customer Success org to provide this high level of service via support channels, external documentation, or product feedback/development - Provide feedback to other teams regarding processes
- Champion and advocate for the customer within Box - you are the voice of the Customer
- Leverage knowledge of your customers’ environments and use cases to influence the roadmap of Box products
- Lead customer facing meetings both over the phone and in person
- Collaborate on the continued design of the Technical Account Manager offering
- Optimize and improve process to build a scalable way to support more of our strategic accounts
- Act as backup for Blocker issues for other TAM accounts
- 5+ years in a Technical Support role or Account Management equivalent
- Proactive problem-solver with the ability to execute at both the tactical and strategic level
- Ability to thrive in a high growth, fast paced environment and adapt quickly to changing demands
- Strong operational rigor and effective project management skills; able to drive cross-functional collaboration to achieve results
- High attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot
- SQL Knowledge Preferred
- Experience with open APIs Preferred
Not sure you meet all the requirements? Apply anyway! At Box, we take a big-picture approach to hiring that fosters authenticity, diversity, and inclusion. If you’re passionate about this opportunity, chances are, you shine pretty bright.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.