WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
The Solution Architect is part of the Box Consulting team, and works across Box and with partners and customers to define and build out complex platform solutions. The Technology Specialist is a high impact, high visibility role, responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction while promoting Box platform solutions.
You will play a critical role to support the customers and the partners in development of the Platform solution using Box API and Platform service and create ideal integration with Box driving the adoption of the Box product and platform. The Solution Architect also works closely with sales, Box Business Development teams to maximize opportunities by identifying, developing, designing, building, piecing together tools, and accelerating and scoping projects.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide technical and functional expertise during meetings to Box SaaS or Platform customers, ISV and SI partners.
- Design and develop project scope documentation, statements of work, technical specifications, and business requirements related to customer engagements.
- Provide Technical advice regarding the use cases of Box Platform to archive the Business Objectives and Ideas.
- Collaborate to define functional and technical requirements, and translate them into functional designs, workflows, governance documentation, proposals, and project plans
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with targeted customers to ensure that all activities are closely aligned with the customers’ business case and business strategy
- Guide the customer, Development best practice, Notes and restrictions, development resources.
- Review the customer’s Application design from Box core functionality (Folder structures, access control etc.) and usage of API and SDKs point of view.
- Review the Application in Physical and Logical level and support performance and Security design.
- Handle Technical questions about Box API, SDK and Box Integrations from the customers and partners during Development and Test phase.
- Support checking of Box configuration and Application setting before Deployment.
- Support trouble shooting in Application launch and hand over to Operation team.
WHO YOU ARE
- Ability to architect and design technical solutions including piecing together the right mix of Box configurations, other SaaS technologies, integration technologies, Box APIs and other partner tools to balance configuration and customization
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in both Japanese and English – including the ability to go a mile deep with technical customer resources or to explain the most basic capabilities to a business user
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to present both business oriented solutions and advanced technical concepts
- Experience of leading, designing and Developing Commercial Applications
- Ownership of the development and delivery of differentiated custom solutions
- Past experience working directly with Sales, Field Teams, Consultants, ISVs and System Integrators
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of previous development, consulting, professional services or System engineering experience
- Programming in at least one of the following: Python / Java/ .net / Node.js
- Understanding of REST APIs and JSON
- Understanding of cloud architecture patterns
- Ability to distill complex technical solutions and industry solutions into their digestible parts
- Passion for selling, learning, using evangelizing and explaining new technology
- A team player that will help mentor teammates who are looking to get to the next level
- Experience working with and developing SaaS applications
- Innate initiative to get things done, self-motivation and ability to deliver high quality work while at the same time meeting aggressive deadlines
- Deep understanding of integration technologies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.