What is Box?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in the UK, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
Why Box Needs You?
You will spend 60% of your time coding, 15% on doing technical design, 5% on documentation, 10% on maintaining/on-call and 10% on meetings.
What You’ll Do?
You will be combining existing Search infrastructure functionality as well as brand new services to deliver a scalable, and easy to use Search Platform.
This means you will:
- Design and implement highly scalable backend micro services
- Gather product requirements and write design docs to satisfy product needs
- Collaborate with product, core platform services teams, and client teams to power the Search Platform
- Attend and engage in weekly stand ups, team meetings and manager 1:1s
- Provide on-call support for services owned by the search team on a rotational basis
- Provide feedback to co-workers in written form and respond to technical and behavioral feedback from manager and peers
- Play a role in developing and fostering Box culture in the newly created office
- Represent Box Poland internally and externally
Who You Are?
- You have 4+ years of professional software development experience in an object oriented language such as Java, Scala, or C++. Proficiency in scripting languages like PHP or Python is a plus.
- You have hands-on experience with building highly scalable distributed systems and containerised micro-services.
- You are able to assess, communicate and complete project milestones with manager and team members in a time sensitive manner.
- You speak English proficiently.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with public cloud systems such as AWS, GCP, Azure or equivalent
- Familiarity with Solr/Lucene or other information retrieval engines
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes or similar container orchestrator
- Experience with Scala and a MapReduce framework and queuing systems such as Kafka or equivalents
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice. For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel and Candidate Privacy Notice.