WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
About the team:
The Compliance Engineering team is responsible for developing new features to enable customers to manage high-value content in Box with automated content lifecycle tools that reduce compliance, privacy and litigation risk. Our goal is to build a powerful best-of-breed cloud stack with a single content layer. That way, our customers can connect the content flow across their favorite business apps. We are a fast-paced and high impact team that is helping Box and our customers build world-class enterprise compliance solutions. If this sounds like an exciting challenge to you, come join us.
- Ideally 3+ years experience as a software engineering manager, ideally leading teams owning high-scale production services
- Ideally 5+ years of professional software development experience with an understanding of best practices
- Experience driving effective execution with agile processes in a highly dynamic environment
- Act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- Able to model and cultivate a collaborative inclusive culture
- Strong communicator, able to build a compelling vision for their team
- Must speak English proficiently
Requirements that are welcome:
- Production experience building/supporting Java or microservices
- Leading cross-functional projects
- Managing multiple teams or managing through leads/managers
- Experience working with distributed teams in different time zones
- Experience in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Have pragmatic experience decomposing monolithic applications into service oriented architectures
Candidate will be expected to:
- Partner with Product Management, Business Development and Engineering leaders to build a compelling vision and roadmap for Compliance Engineering
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners and stakeholders to ensure the team is delivering true business impact
- Cultivate a culture of excellence on the team through a focus on execution, quality, and scale
- Guide the professional growth of engineers, providing relevant and timely career guidance and feedback
- Grow the team through hiring great engineers
- Model and uphold our values through building a collaborative, inclusive team with a focus on customer impact and building for leverage
- Attend and engage in daily stand ups and maintain sprint task statuses in issue tracking tool
- Attend team, project, and manager 1:1 meetings weekly
- Partner with product to scope new features, provide project estimates and milestones to inform quarterly commitments
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, team members, product manager and across teams
- Clearly communicate complex problems and technical concepts to both engineers and non-engineers and can break down complex requirements into steps
- Work with team to build, enhance and maintain validation frameworks and Compliance features (Governance/GxP/Privacy Ops/eDiscovery)
- Respond to technical and behavioral feedback from manager and peers
- Play a role in developing and fostering Box culture in the newly created office
- Represent Box Poland internally and externally
- Agile management - Scrum
- Issue tracking tool -Jira
- Knowledge repository - GitHubEnterprise/Confluence/StackOverflow
- Code reviews - GitHubEnterprise
- Version control system - GIT
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel and Candidate Privacy Notice.