WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in the UK, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
It's an amazing time to be working at Box. With increasing trend of remote work and millions of users on our platform, we have an opportunity to ship products that fundamentally change the way people work. We are looking for a senior manager of technical publications to lead all aspects of product documentation for our end-users and admins.
We're passionate about impacting the way people discover, learn and interact with Box products. We are searching for someone is equally passionate about the craft of technical communication, and excited to take on a leadership role to help define how the technical writing function should evolve to meet the needs of our customers and the business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As the leader of our technical writing team you'll be responsible for setting the vision, managing the team, and refining the organization of all our product documentation. You and your team will work closely with our engineers, product managers and customer success teams to build simple and concise guides that delight and engage our customers.
- Keep Box customers aware of new and existing features by conveying technical material in a clear, concise fashion, and keep them engaged and ready for the next release.
- Provide insight and drive strategic initiatives around organizational knowledge management, development processes, and automation tooling
- Help establish writing style guide and work to refine and improve documentation deliverables.
- Stay current with the latest technology innovation related to documentation-as-code, documentation engineering, and technical best practices
- SME that proactively gathers information from software engineers, designers, and product managers about new features and upcoming product changes.
- Actively participate in agile development team meetings and represent the interests of the technical writing team.
- Collect and understand a large amount of technical information from engineering teams, then translate and represent the information in a manner suitable to the target audience.
- Ensures consistency of tone and use of language across all Box documentation and within Box products.
- Create, edit, and update existing written documentation, on-screen text, or online knowledge base articles.
WHO YOU ARE
You're a seasoned technical writer through and thorough. You know how to lead a team to get things done. You are highly metrics driven, understand the importance of defining and measuring what success looks like. You care deeply about how your deliverables materially make your customers' lives better, and understand the business and the analytics/metrics that drive success in technical documentation.
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years of technical writing experience in a technology company
- 1-2 years of team lead or program management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Strong understanding of customer needs and experience acting as a customer advocate
Please provide a writing sample and resume to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our .