Product Localization Manager
WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is looking for an enthusiastic Product Launch/Localization Manager for Japan. The ideal candidate will be responsible for Product Launch and Build/Optimize processes for successful launch of Box products and services for Japan. During product launch, the successful candidate in this role will need to interface with a wide range of functions within Box which includes Product and Engineering teams at HQ, Sales, Sales Engineers, and Customer Success teams in Japan. In addition to the above, since Box Japan is rapidly expanding its presence in Japan, we are looking for a great team player who is passionate about Box offerings and can accelerate our product to become more valuable to our users.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Product Launch in Japan.
- Understand the culture and product development philosophy from HQ to come up with the best approach by following the local requirements or the regulations
- Contribute to products by identifying Japanese market opportunities and clarifying product vision and strategy
- Work together and coordinate with other teams (both US HQ and Japan) for successful launch.
- Product/Service launch for local partners.
- Document processes and detail of each release and manage the information related to Products and Services.
- Effectively communicate with internal (both US HQ and Japan) and external stakeholders to share the up to date project status, schedule, and specs as needed.
- Build processes which are necessary for product launch (and services related to the product) in Japan.
- Release management - need to coordinate w/HQ about Japan specific requirement and timeline, such as
- External communication schedule
- Box Support article handoff date from HQ, Trans/review/publish in Japan
- Spec exploring/confirmation
and have them incorporate to US master release schedule
- Optimize processes for existing Products and Services.
- In addition to the above, be responsible/provide support for the items below as a part of Product team in Japan
- Represent localization and internationalization perspective during project planning and decision-making
- Translate and Review UI/Technical contents and our website
- Product feedback control (Escalation to HQ, Communication with internal/external customers) - Understand customer needs and gather product requirements
- Beta management
- QA testing
- EOL communication to local partners/customers
- Reporting, testing, and tracking of software bugs
- Assist other Product team members as needed
- Budget tracking
- Support translation projects coordination with external vendors
WHO YOU ARE
- Native in Japanese, Fluent in English.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Japanese culture and customs.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in both Languages as above.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Nimble and flexible with regards to changing priority and business needs
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- 3 years+ Product Launch experience in a technology company.
- Solid understanding of Agile methodology and the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Solid understanding of bug life cycle and bug/defect tracking system
- Deep experience in SaaS type services.
- Have broad experiences in multiple browsers and versions - Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and IE for Web - as well as mobile platforms (primarily iOS and Android).
- Deep understanding of customer’s IT environment.
- Flexibility, ability to work independently, fast and to multitask.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Problem solving experience, and excellent business judgments and an ability to prioritize things in a clear and compelling manner.
- Experience and/or interest in Enterprise software tools, and/or cloud-based SaaS products.
- Experience in localization process, localization management tool (CAT), translation is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.