WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
What is Search at BOX?
Box Search powers content discovery for millions of users and hundreds of billions of documents. The amount of content our customers are storing within Box is growing at an unprecedented rate. In turn, browsing through a file tree has become increasingly more difficult, leaving Search as the de facto way for knowledge workers to connect with the content they need, to do critical elements of their jobs. Search not only powers end user experiences across mobile, desktop, and web but also the applications built by our customers via the Search API. More internal and external features are being built on top of the Search backend continuously and it is now a critical portion of user facing products and customer built applications, which necessitates the need for a Search Platform.
The Search Platform is a higher order abstraction of the core Search offering that enables internal teams to build user facing products that leverage Search capabilities that either already exist or must be created to power new features. Come help us build the foundation of how we approach the Search Platform solution within Box as well as shape the direction of how Search capabilities are applied across multiple Box products. You will be combining existing Search infrastructure functionality as well as brand new services to deliver a scalable, and easy to use Search Platform. Your passion for building highly scalable distributed systems and cutting edge information retrieval techniques will be the key to the success of Search and enabling the millions of people who use Box on a day to day basis to do their best work.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor's/Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field of study
- Proficiency in an object oriented language such as Java, Scala, or C++
- Hands on experience with building highly scalable distributed systems and containerized micro-services.
- Assess, communicate and complete project milestones with manager and team members in a time sensitive manner
- Must speak English proficiently
Requirements that are Welcome:
- Proficiency in scripting languages like PHP and Python
- Experience with Solr/Lucene or other information retrieval engines
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar container orchestrator
- Experience with public cloud systems such as AWS, GCP, Azure or equivalent
- Experience with Scala and a MapReduce framework
- Experience with queuing systems such as Kafka or equivalents
Candidate will be expected to:
- Design and implement highly scalable backend micro services
- Gather product requirements and write design docs to satisfy product needs
- Collaborate with product, core platform services teams, and client teams to power the Search Platform
- Attend and engage in weekly stand ups, team meetings and manager 1:1s
- Provide on-call support for services owned by the search team on a rotational basis
- Provide feedback to co-workers in written form and respond to technical and behavioral feedback from manager and peers
- Play a role in developing and fostering Box culture in the newly created office
- Represent Box Poland internally and externally
Percentage of Time Spent:
- 60% coding
- 15% technical design
- 5% documentation
- 10% maintenance / run-the-business tasks / on-call
- 10% meetings
- Agile management - Scrum
- Issue tracking tool -Jira
- Knowledge repository - GitHubEnterprise
- Code reviews - GitHubEntreprise
- Version control system - GIT
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our .