WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
The Conversion team is responsible for processing several millions of customer uploaded files per day. These files are converted into formats (or representations) which are optimized for consumption by various clients such as Box Preview, thumbnails in the Box UI as well as custom applications written by enterprises and third-party applications. The types of files supported are wide-ranging including documents, images, videos as well as advanced media types such as 3D and CAD files. In addition, Conversion maintains the APIs and services for accessing and watermarking of these representations.
Come and help us build the next generation of conversion architecture at Box in order to adapt to the rapid growth and demands of our customers. If you're interested in applying cutting edge techniques such as machine learning to drive compute optimizations or solving problems relating to high availability at a scale of thousands of Kubernetes replicas across geographically distinct regions then look no further.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Conceptualize and evangelize new technologies that allow the platform to achieve the vision listed above
- Work closely with Engineering Leadership to develop strategies for evolving the platform to its next generation
- Collaborate with Product Management to help refine requirements and break down complex projects into meaningful shippable units and lead the effort
- Deliver product features to the business
- Improve the current code base and infrastructure
- Model best practices in crafting systems and code with sound architectures, testability, scalability and maintainability
- Measure, optimize and help build the industry’s fastest and most reliable file transfer technology
- Communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization
WHO YOU ARE
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of Software Development experience in distributed systems
- Expert in data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, cloud infrastructure
- Strong coder with demonstrated proficiency in languages like Java, Scala or C++
- Experience in leading complex projects that spans multiple platforms and teams
- Good understanding of the network stack, TCP/IP and HTTP protocol
- Expertise in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Bonus (nice to haves):
- In-depth knowledge of file formats or file conversion tools
- Experience in developing microservices
- Experience in building high throughput systems
- Exposure to public cloud (eg: AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Knowledge of Docker / Kubernetes / Containerization
- Proficiency with both Linux and Windows based environments in production
- Puppet or similar infrastructure automation expertise
Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our