WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
The primary function of this position is to effectively build, lead, and manage the Fixed Assets and Leases and General Accounting function. The Manager needs to lead the department with best in class, people, processes, and systems to effectively meet the current and forward-looking needs of the company. The department is also closely involved in collaborating with the other Controllership functions, including our EMEA and Japan Controllership teams, as well as Strategic Planning and Analysis, the People and Places Organization, Technical Accounting, Sourcing, and various other business units.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Effectively build, lead and manage a team, consisting of and leveraging world class tools, processes, and personnel, to deliver against the objectives of the department.
- Strategic planning for the team resources including team roadmap, career discussions, development plans, effective and timely performance plans when a Boxer is not performing to expectations.
- Own, perform, and maintain the tools, controls, and policies related to Fixed Assets and Leases like Anaplan, NetSuite.
- Being knowledgeable of and bringing insight on world class processes and tools. Align with global tools, policies and processes wherever possible and practical.
- Define and maintain SLA’s for the team including but not limited to Lease and Fixed Asset Invoice Aging, Account Recons preparation and review.
- Accurate, timely and efficient processing of leases, extensions, modifications, amortization schedules for on-prem and IDSW, 10-Q/K disclosures, and other complex accounting entries. Operationalize, manage and track the accounting for landlord and sub-tenant transactions including rent, CAM, utilities, profit-sharing, TI reimbursements, etc.
- Effective collaboration with other Controllership functions, including the International team, as well as Strategic Planning and Analysis, the People Organization, Technical Accounting, Sourcing, and various business units onShared Service Function matters with cross functional impact. This includes but is not limited to Capital projects, new or lease modifications, lease buyouts, 10-Q/K disclosures, system implementations. Influence the outcome to optimize the trade-off between stakeholders atisfaction and time to market with the Shared Service Functions needs for effectiveness and efficiency of processing and reconciliation.
- Actively participate with the wider Controllership team in driving the Finance Systems roadmap, appropriately prioritizing initiatives and helping to ensure automated solutions for Shared Service Functions are implemented timely and effectively.
- Effective, accurate and timely recording to the G/L for Fixed Assets and Leases. This includes the ability to analyze the accuracy of expenses and related balance sheet accounts in the G/L and report out monthly on the accuracy of the results and explain any large or unusual fluctuations (Flux), reconciliation of Americas Shared Service Functions balance sheet accounts, timely and accurate clearing of related reconciling items, in accordance with Box policy, to ensure accurate financial results in the G/L.
- Effectively serve as the lead interface for Americas Shared Service Functions matters for the auditors including accurate and timely preparation of and explanations for all SOX and audit related requests.
WHO YOU ARE
- BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- Chartered Accountant, CPA, or other equivalent qualified accountant preferred
- 5+ years relevant work experience in fixed assets and leases (842)
- 2+ years of leadership and management experience with proven results for building and leading highly effective teams
- Experience with independently handling complex accounting entries and schedules
- Prior NetSuite experience a plus
- System and process architecture, troubleshooting, reengineering and mapping a plus
- Project team level participation in new systems implementations a strong plus
- Interacting with external parties including auditors and other service providers
Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our