It's an amazing time to be working at Box, especially for product designers. We are a big enough company to have the ability to execute large-scale deliverables, and small enough that you will play a meaningful role in that delivery. With millions of users on our platform, we have an opportunity to ship products that will change the way that people work. It's with that backdrop that we're seeking a designer for our world-class team. Box is in a great position to lead and define how the enterprise space will continue to evolve because our products are tightly embedded with the world's best companies, which includes over 60% of the Fortune 500.
As a product designer on our tight-knit team, you will be fully immersed in the product development process and own projects end-to-end — from brainstorming to launch. We strongly feel that empowering designers to own their projects creates the best outcomes with the most seamless experiences.
Our design team culture is collaborative, informal, and entrepreneurial.
Why the team needs you
Product Design is part of our company DNA -- in fact, Aaron Levie, our CEO, sits alongside our team. In order to compete in a rapidly changing market, we are doubling down our investment in our design team. We have lofty goals, and need product designers who can help us execute. We are looking for someone who has a keen eye for detail and interest in solving difficult problems.
Why you need Box
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together.
We're a small, but mighty team and the things that you will make an impact on the future of Box. You'll be able to stretch yourself, and learn and lean on others as you hone in our your craft.
Who you are
You take pride in designing visualizations that empower people. You are a full-stack designer - you work across systems, interactions, visual execution, and interactive prototyping.
Here's the fine print:
- Craft intuitive, usable, and engaging interaction and visual design solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process
- Participate in the full product development process from research to shipment
- Breaking down design problems into actionable chunks to solve with clarity
- Stay aware of current and emerging UX and visual design trends
- Look for creative ideas inspired by analogous verticals
- 5+ years of meaningful design experience across multiple platforms
- Ability to harness design thinking methods to validate and ship meaningful solutions
- Experience driving or participating in usability tests and design sprints
- Ability to clearly communicate design rationale and conceptual ideas
- Experience using data to inform design and product decisions
- Proficiency with Creative Suite, Sketch, and prototyping tools
- Ability to communicate technically with engineering counterparts
- A portfolio of outstanding product work that demonstrates strong design and typographic skills
To apply please submit your resume and portfolio.