Box is growing fast - real fast - and we’re just getting started. Our opportunity is meaningful: 500 million knowledge workers worldwide, struggling to manage, share and secure information. Box’s mission is to power how the world works together. Over the past 10+ years, we have completely redefined the way people work together, becoming the global leader in cloud content management.
We’re looking for a forward thinking, highly motivated, independent, hands-on individual with people skills to work with leaders and business partners across the organization and external vendors. In this role you will lead the day-to-day activities and projects as assigned surrounding daily vendor invoicing and queries, expense reports, travel, and month-end close within the Americas Shared Services team at Austin, TX. You will report into our General Accounting Manager in Austin, TX. A successful candidate is a strong communicator, customer service oriented and has the ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment, along with managing multiple business partners both internally and externally.
- Support our North America AP team on tasks including but not limited to the timely and accurate processing of incoming AP invoices, expense reports processing, travel & entertainment inquiries, new vendor requests, payment run, payment inquiries.
- Invoicing of high volume and full cycle accounts payable including 3-way PO matching and check requests. This includes routing invoices for approvals, coding and entering invoices, and processing payments.
- Ensure entered invoices and check requests have appropriate supporting documents, approvals and account/department coding.
- Resolve purchase order, receipts, invoice, and payment discrepancies with Boxers as well as external vendors.
- Review and process weekly employee expense reports in Concur, support US employees with Concur expense reporting inquiries including resolving any open Service Desk tickets.
- Work effectively with other functions to resolve AP issues and support any Coupa/Concur inquiries, including holding regular global A/P syncs and Coupa office hours for Boxers.
- Month-end close responsibilities include processing all invoices and expense reimbursements, coordinating the Open PO accruals with PO owners and SP&A for completeness and accuracy, including appropriate documentation ensuring automated interfaces to the G/L are functioning as intended.
- Assist with data collection and research on month-end variance (flux) analyses including P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for assigned accounts.
- Oversee root cause analysis (RCA) of recurring adjustments, system issues, reconciliation issues, and recommend and influence the implementation of process improvements and tools solutions to correct and mitigate the same.
- Accurate and timely preparation of and explanations for assigned audit related requests. Responsible for preparing and submitting assigned compliance reports, such as quarterly and year-end audit requests and reports.
- Perform the above tasks in compliance with SOX, identifying control gaps, if any, and recommending process improvements.
- Design, propose, and implement streamlined processes, automation, system improvements, and best-in-class policies for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Support process and control environment enhancements to optimize the global Accounts Payable process for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Collaborate and serve as a liaison to other departments on accounting matters with cross functional impact, such as Controllership functions, Strategic Finance, Legal, Technical Operations, IT.
- Might include basic journal entries preparation, identifying and resolving errors, data anomalies, and exceptions on related Accounts Payable activity (Accruals, Cash, T&E, etc.)Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned. Participate in wider departmental projects and initiatives as requested.
- 2+ years of accounting experience with specialization in Accounts Payable and Expense Reimbursements.
- Strong collaboration, time management, communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and customer-service oriented.
- Self-motivated and self-managed with the ability to multi-task, think independently and creatively.
- BA degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Economics preferred.
- Understanding of US GAAP and familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) a plus.
- Strong MS Excel skills; NetSuite, Concur or Coupa experience a plus.
Box is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.