We’re looking for a high energy, highly motivated, independent, hands-on individual with the people skills to work with leaders and business partners across the organization and be part of a high performing team. This role will manage the day-to-day activities, month-end close, and projects as assigned surrounding daily vendor invoicing and queries, expense reports, corporate cards, and month-end close at Box Japan KK. This role will report into the Japan Controller. A successful candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment, be able to manage multiple stakeholders both internal and external and have strong communications and customer service skills.
Why the team need you
We oversee all General Accounting duties including Accounts Payable, T&E Expense, Cash, and Fixed Assets. Our experienced team is looking for someone who will be a trusted Accounts Payable resource and is passionate about working cross-functionally with other teams. This team member will also be tasked with various projects to build world class processes and systems as Box Japan KK continues to scale and provide SOX/audit support related to all things Accounts Payable.
Who you are
You are a team player with a strong process, systems, and accounting background with experience in invoicing and expense reimbursements. You have highly effective communication skills (verbal and written) and great service attitude towards both external and internal customers. You are inspired by the idea of working with others to have a lasting impact on an organization and are looking to take on challenging problems with impeccable integrity. You have the ability to develop strong partnership and influence people effectively to ensure the best outcome for Box. In addition, you have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately, and ensure set deadlines are completed timely within accounting standards and SOX compliance.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support our AP team on tasks including but not limited to the timely and accurate processing of incoming AP invoices, expense reports processing, Corporate Card administration, new vendor requests, payment run, payment inquiries.
- Invoicing of high volume and full cycle accounts payable including 3-way PO matching, 2-way matching and check requests. This includes routing invoices for approvals, coding and entering invoices, and processing payments.
- Ensure entered invoices and check requests have appropriate supporting documents, approvals and account/department coding.
- Resolve purchase order, invoice, and payment discrepancies with Boxers as well as external vendors.
- Review and process weekly employee expense reports in Concur, support employees with Concur expense reporting inquiries including resolving any open Service Desk tickets.
- Reconcile the credit card program by facilitating employees to submit expenses for charges in Concur.
- Work effectively with other functions to resolve AP issues and support any Coupa/Concur inquiries.
- Month-end close responsibilities include processing all invoices and expense reimbursements, coordinating the Open PO accruals with PO owners for completeness and accuracy, including appropriate documentation ensuring automated interfaces to the G/L are functioning as intended.
- Assist with data collection and research on month-end variance (flux) analyses including P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for assigned accounts.
- Oversee root cause analysis (RCA) of recurring adjustments, reconciliation issues, and recommend and influence the implementation of process improvements and tools solutions to correct and mitigate the same.
- Accurate and timely preparation of and explanations for assigned audit related requests. Responsible for preparing and submitting assigned compliance reports, such as quarterly and year-end audit requests and reports.
- Perform the above tasks in compliance with SOX, identifying control gaps, if any, and recommending process improvements.
- Design, propose, and implement streamlined processes, automation, system enhancements, and best-in-class policies for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Support process and control environment enhancements to optimize the global Accounts Payable process for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Collaborate and serve as a liaison to other departments on accounting matters with cross functional impact, including but not limited to other Controllership functions, Strategic Planning and Analysis, People and Places team, Legal, Technical Operations, DC Engineering, and IT.
- Journal entries preparation, identifying and resolving errors, data anomalies, and exceptions on related Accounts Payable activity (Accruals, Cash, T&E, Corp Cards, etc.)
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned. Participate in wider departmental projects and initiatives as requested.
Experience & Education
- Fluency in Japanese (reading/writing/speaking) and business level (reading/writing) in English
- 4-6 years of accounting experience with specialization in Accounts Payable and Expense Reimbursements
- Excellent teamwork, time management, communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and customer-service oriented
- Self-motivated and self-managed with the ability to multi-task and think independently and creatively
- Overwhelming desire to kick ass and grow with Box Japan KK
- BA degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Economics preferred
- Understanding of US GAAP and familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Strong MS Excel skills; NetSuite and Concur or Coupa experience a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by the employees assigned to this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified.