WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We oversee all General Accounting duties including Payroll, Accounts Payable, T&E Expense, Cash, and Fixed Assets. Our experienced team is looking for someone who will be a trusted a senior accountant resource and is passionate about working cross-functionally with other teams. This team member will also be tasked with various projects to build world class processes and systems as Box Japan KK continues to scale and provide SOX/audit support related to all things Accounts Payable.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Accounts Payable, T&E, Cash and Fixed Assets
- Support our AP team on tasks including but not limited to the timely and accurate processing of incoming AP invoices, expense reports processing, Corporate Card administration, new vendor requests, payment run, payment inquiries.
- Invoicing of high volume and full cycle accounts payable including 3-way PO matching, 2-way matching requests. This includes routing invoices for approvals, coding and entering invoices, and processing payments.
- Ensure entered invoices and check requests have appropriate supporting documents, approvals and account/department coding.
- Resolve purchase order, invoice, and payment discrepancies with Boxers as well as external vendors.
- Review and process weekly employee expense reports in Concur, support employees with Concur expense reporting inquiries including resolving any open Service Desk tickets.
- Reconcile the credit card program by facilitating employees to submit expenses for charges in Concur.
- Work effectively with other functions to resolve AP issues and support any Coupa/Concur inquiries.
- Month-end close responsibilities include processing all invoices and expense reimbursements, coordinating the Open PO accruals with PO owners for completeness and accuracy, including appropriate documentation ensuring automated interfaces to the G/L are functioning as intended.
- Assist with data collection and research on month-end variance (flux) analyses including P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for assigned accounts.
- Oversee root cause analysis (RCA) of recurring adjustments, reconciliation issues, and recommend and influence the implementation of process improvements and tools solutions to correct and mitigate the same.
- Accurate and timely preparation of and explanations for assigned audit related requests. Responsible for preparing and submitting assigned compliance reports, such as quarterly and year-end audit requests and reports.
- Perform the above tasks in compliance with SOX, identifying control gaps, if any, and recommending process improvements.
- Design, propose, and implement streamlined processes, automation, system enhancements, and best-in-class policies for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Support process and control environment enhancements to optimize the global Accounts Payable process for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Collaborate and serve as a liaison to other departments on accounting matters with cross functional impact, including but not limited to other Controllership functions, Strategic Planning and Analysis, People and Places team, Legal, Technical Operations, DC Engineering, and IT.
- Journal entries preparation, identifying and resolving errors, data anomalies, and exceptions on related Accounts Payable activity (Accruals, Cash, T&E, Corp Cards, etc.)
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned. Participate in wider departmental projects and initiatives as requested.
- Monthly review of termination, holiday and maternity/paternity calculations and submission to third party payroll processing vendor.
- Understanding and following payroll processing procedures and payroll related forms.
- Complying with relevant legislation and regulations with assistance from third party payroll processing vendor.
- Assisting with month-end/quarter-end and year-end payroll processes such as the preparation and reconciliation of taxes and social contributions and annual filings.
- Preparation of payrolls journals for our month end close.
- Addressing payroll queries from employees.
- Assist with user acceptance testing (UAT) for payroll related system improvements and additions.
- Effective collaboration with the global People Organization, Legal, Accounting, Finance and business units on general payroll matters with cross functional impact. Specifically, but is not limited to new hire processes, cash, bonus and other non-recurring payment processing, and terminations.
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned (e.g. yearend individual tax filings).
WHO YOU ARE
- Fluency in Japanese (reading/writing/speaking) and business level (reading/writing) in English
- 4-6 years of accounting experience with specialization in Accounts Payable and Expense Reimbursements
- Excellent teamwork, time management, communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and customer-service oriented
- Self-motivated and self-managed with the ability to multi-task and think independently and creatively
- Overwhelming desire to kick ass and grow with Box Japan KK
- BA degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Economics preferred
- Understanding of US GAAP and familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Strong MS Excel skills; NetSuite and Concur or Coupa experience a plus
- Acute attention to detail and respect for confidential information.
- Strong communication skills - including ability to listen to the needs of others and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present effectively in both oral and written presentations to all levels in the organization.
- Team-oriented approach – can participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a growing andfast-paced organization.
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to work independently, but also knows how to have fun while doing it!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.